1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion required on Home Theatre

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Cinju, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    -any of the mentioned brands is okay, just make sure to audition them before purchase.
    -also the 3rd. link given by you(yamaha) doesnt have/show a floor stand for the rear speakers. Confirm the same and also do you have space to let the floor standing rear speakers to keep in place without it being accidentaly toppled by kids etc. ..
    - do you have a broadband connection*
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yamaha speakers can be wall hung by the proper directions. The yamaha people will come to your home for the complete setup.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Woow that's a pretty good response & thank you all. Onkyo was never in mind earlier. Now am giving it top priority. I dont think we have dealer for Denon in my place. Onkyo seems to have one. Need to check if he has closed down or not. Well for the room size it is pretty much a small room & I will finalise the selection only after a live demo. The room doesn't have space to keep a floor stand for the rear speaker. In my current set up it was wall hung. So I need to consider that too I guess. Maybe this Saturday I will be visiting some showrooms for a demo.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Friends one more question. Sorry I am too bad when it comes to electronics & the question may sound stupid. My current HTIB is Sony DZ120K with 142 W (RMS) for all the speakers & 150 W for the sub. Can I buy a 5.1 AV receiver & connect these speakers to it? The sub is passive. Does the AV received support passive sub ?
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju, few suggestion
    1. Extend your budget, its a one time investment and wont break down for atleast 10 years :)
    2. Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha AV reciever
    3. Polk Audio TSi series, floor standing and bookshelf ones are good for strings and piano. Sub is required if you go for Polk
    4. Wharfedale is also a good option if you dont need a sub, but not as crisp as Polk, but gives more of the mid ranges as well.

Yamaha speakers are not that great, but you will get cheap floor standers, maybe to start with get these, but a very good AV receiver is a must!
    Some receivers support iPod and USB, so getting a DVD player is not a must.
    Cable TV input can go into the receiver, so your TV viewing experience would change completely, especially with those HD channels.

Dig more here : Audio Video Home Theatre and Hi-Fi Discussion Forum
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Pran. You points are very valid. But you might very well be knowing options available in Trivandrum :). Denon, Onkyo & Yamaha are the ones I am also preferring. Extending budget is one another issue & my room size is pretty small. So even if I buy a costly good one, I may not be able to enjoy it to the fullest .
  7. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju, I would suggest even though room is small, invest in AVR and bookshelf speakers. The detail you get in music can't be compared to HTIB. There are many dealers in Bangalore accept on-line payment and ship to your place. Check Hifivision, if you are interested in used AVRs & speakers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Anoop.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

OT:
    There is a niche high end audio manufacturer based in Kerala (Cochin \ Eranakulam) – the floor standers cater to the high end audio spectrum and IIRC, they cost something like 3L or more. For the devil of it, however hard I may try, I am not getting the name of the manufacturer – can any of you here throw some light on it?