1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion required on Home Theatre

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Cinju, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Dear Friends ,
    I am looking for a Home Theatre system. I know I will be getting 'n' number of opinions. So to keep it simple & short let me put my requirements as well.

Budget :- Under 30 k (Strictly :confused )
    Need not be with DVD/Blue ray player.
    Must have optical in (Toslink)
    No need for 7.1 surround :D

The product should have at least a dealer & service centre in Kerala ( This could leave me with very few options :sad1 ). Don't want to assemble one either as it would be difficult to find an expert in my place.

I am also listing 3 products which I checked (can't say shortlisted). I know many people are not comfortable with Sony. But I was quiet ok with the product which did a pretty decent job for the past 7-8 yrs. Now the product is having some complaint & I need to upgrade it. Yes service is not good & I accept that.

Sony DAV -DZ840K (DVD player) - (DAV-DZ840K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India)
    Sony BDV E490 - (Blueray player) (BDV-E490 : Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems : Home Theatre System : Sony India )
    Yamaha YHT-196 - (Home theatre system alone) (YHT-196 - Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India ).

Thanks in advance for all your valuable suggestion.
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    check out ONKYO packages, it will be in your budget may be little high (as all HT product prices have gone high) ... also for the Bluray Players I would suggest you to get Samsung 3D Bluray Player (it's the best in class) may be 10-15K ... I strictly suggest not to go with Yamaha, it's a crap ... Just go to any ONKYO house and get a demo of HT-S4505 ... I'm sure you will love its sound and also it will be in your budget ... Optical Toslink are there in every AV receivers now a days ...
  3. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Check ONKYO. last week i have visited Reliance digital (phoenix market city chennai) price was around 28 (Not sure about the module). But its a best deal.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HTIB are good option in the above mentioned budget....check this link you will get some idea

HTIB
  5. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I will suggest the Onkyo systems for entry level.You can check out hifivision.com for more advices.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

On an outset, for 30K budget, I would suggest you go with either Denon or Onkyo, if you want to buy it from India. Other options are mass brands like Pioneer, sony etc. Will try to get some details from some friends.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you tell the room size you are going to put the Home Theater? It is important before choosing the home theater as the shorter room size, the volume will actually distort in mid level itself. Check for Onkyo or Denon products. They are awesome but stick to the one which suits the size of your room.

You can check the reviews here and buy.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Check out the Yamaha home theater series.
    It comes with Amplifier + 5.1 Sound system.
    You can upgrade it to tower speakers afterwords too.

You can connect any thing to the amp from tv, dth, dvd player, playstation, aux, usb. I guess now a days it comes with iPod connectivity too.
    Also this amp can support any upgraded speaker systems.

I got the setup in 2007 for 25K & upgraded to towers in 2010 for 15K.
    You can get this from croma also.

photo.jpg

This is my current setup of Home theater which is now 6 years old now but the out put I am getting for blue rays & any other mp3, audio cds, dvds are awesome.

In my current setup, I have 2 dvd, 1 blueray, 1 dth, TV out put, aux & ps2.

This is the old pic before buying blueray player :)

The amp is Yamaha YHT-186. You can get the latest with more features too :)
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why not extend the budget by adding a zero and making it ultimate.

Ah... home theater lovers...that is mine at home!

cine.jpg
    8 people like this.