1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion required for Servicing...

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by dhinakaranselvaraj, Jan 17, 2013.

1. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Chennai
    I bought a 2010 Model Punto Multijet on Dec,2012. The car had completed 10k on Odo. The owner partially used and serviced this car. He had done 1st Service, skipped 2nd service and 3rd Service at 7000k (in 2011 year end).

I believe fiat is programmed with Service reminder. Due to low usage, I wont receive any service reminder alert (correct me if I am wrong). Now ODO is 12,780 and I would like to give this car for Service (for my satisfaction).

Kindly suggest what are the things need to be serviced/changed during service.

I did the below outside ASS.

1. Re-filled A/c gas.
    2. Wheel alignment and Tyre rotation.

Below are my doubts. I am confused which one need to be opt (with cost effective).

1. Should I give service to ASS ? If yes, what are the things needs to be informed to service person.
    2. What is the approx. budget if ASS do basic service (oil change/air filter / fuel filter).
    3. Can I change engine oil/oil filter / air filter from outside ASS ?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I beleive that vehicle is still in warrenty and I am not sure why the previous owner skipped the 2nd service. this will void the warrenty of the car.

Just give it to service and ask them to do the 15000 kms service ( 2nd service). I would suggest you to stick with ASS but if you feel to do it outside you can always do.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Engine oil, oil flter, fuel filter and air filter needs to replaced in every service(1 year or 15,000 kms) and Coolant, brake fluid, gear oil, power steering oil every 2 years (It might be time to change them if previous owner didn't changed them)

If you want to get work done outside you can as your warranty is most probably void if service were skipped by previous owner. You would save mostly on labor charges only.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  4. dhinakaranselvaraj

Chennai
    I would like to stick with ASS and know the approx. cost if I do the below @ ASS.

a) Engine Oil
    b) Oil Filter
    c) Fuel Filter
    d) Air Filter
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Engine oil 1800
    Oil Filter 380
    Fuel Filter 1750
    Air Filter 300

All prices are aprox
  6. dhinakaranselvaraj

Chennai
    Thanks a lot for the info..
  7. dhinakaranselvaraj

Chennai
    Hi,

Today I went to TASS and they said my warranty is void as one service was skipped. Now, I would like to change everything outside ASS.

I would like to know the brand/grade of below so that I can buy from Open market.

1. Engine Oil for Diesel Engine
    2. Transmission Oil
    3. Brake Oil
    4. Engine Coolant
    5. Power Steering Oil

Thanks
  8. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    though your warrenty is void you can still servicing at TASS. I am not sure whether you can get the Selenia Engine oil outside.

These are the spare parts cost of Punto MJD - dated July 2011 in Kerala

59064034 Elastic Pad 2455.05
    570309110108 Fuel Filter W/O Water Level Sensor 1692.34
    570309130108 Air Filter Element SDE 75 PS 252.16
    59063972 Oil Filter DSl 354.27
    59116510 Wiremesh Filter 47.06
    9948095 Brake Pad Set 3239.96
    Fiat Oil DSLP Engine Oil 3.2 Ltr 1846.85
    55226971 Clutch Plate DSL 991.79
    55209807 Clutch Plate Pressure 1082.35
    100166817 Lock 1175.58
    59064264 Brake Disc 1935.63
    (got it from some other thread)

check here
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-...part-price-part-number-no-queries-please.html
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealershi...t-linea-punto-maintenance-cost-ownership.html
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Engine oil Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 grade 3750/- for 5 ltr
    Oil filter of UFI make 350/-
    Fuel filter again UFI make 1750/-
    Transmission oil GL4 grade 75w-85
    Brake oil Dot4
    Coolant buy fiat oem one
    Power steering oil don't remember what spec is specified check manual
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @dhinakaranselvaraj , My sincere advice to you would be to do the service at the TASC instead of scouting around to procure the spares from here and there. If they are not doing the warranty, so what ? The car is still very young and in the wrong hands it will get spoilt. You are lucky to have got such a car with so less Kms on the ODO. The parts that would go into your car will be only what the FIATs require. So give it a thought again.

Another point is once you service your car at TASC , the car gets an entry into their system again and it can always be argued that the owner was out of country...etc and maybe you can win back the extended warranty. Missing service is not a crime. It is only a technical flaw.

Abdul
    2 people like this.