1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion Required - Chennai to Wayanad

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Mridul, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sure @ramjn.. tomorrow will make it ready..
    ramjn likes this.
  2. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1st of all thanks a lot @Jithu for suggesting the routes & plan for visiting the important places, @Fiatians for suggesting the place for stay & @ramjn for suggesting the return route. Here comes my 1st travelogue:

We booked a single room cottage for 3 days in Bloomsgreen, check-in & check-out was @ 1200 noon. Price was 3000 RS/day for 3 person including breakfast & 600 for extra person. We were 4 guys, of which only 2 knew driving & we planned our trip in my Punto dynamic MJD.

We started @ 0030 AM on 11/4/2015 from Chennai [a weird time to start, actually had problem to get up early post office shifts] & reached Vellore Coffe day @0330 AM for a short eat-out. After an hour again started our journey reaching Mysore @0630 AM. Till now everything went perfect thinking we'll reach Wayanad by 1200 - 0100 PM. We did a big blunder there by taking a left to Thally & proceeded further 10 KM to know that we are stuck in a wrong route, with no road to proceed. With the help of villagers took a local route from Thally to Kanakapura, as there was no signal for GPS, in a way filled with mud & stones for almost 16 KM with no proper road. When nearing kanakapura, the bridge was closed for road work & we had to take a diversion for another 25 odd KM. With no shops, we were driving till 1230 PM in bad roads to reach kanakapura where we took a 20 mins break for snacks & were back to a normal road. 0330 PM we reached Chamarajanagar & had lunch and procceded via Gundulpet - Muthanga - Sulthan Bathery - Kenichira & finally reached our destination at sharp 0600 PM after an 18 hrs continuous journey.

The misery was because of following Google maps via Android phone. The road between thally was really bad that my car got hit in the bottom many a times, but the road between Gundulpet - Muthanga - Sulthan Bathery was too good.

The place we stayed was also awesome, calm & surrounded by greenary everywhere. Food served by them was too good. Guys over there were very helpful & they gave us a local city map & the places & timings to visit them which was really helpful.

DSC_1769.jpg DSC_1771.jpg DSC_1773.jpg DSC_1785.jpg DSC_2113.jpg DSC_2384.jpg DSC_2390.jpg
    varunrtr and ramjn like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good start and pictures. Keep it coming.

I guess you meant to say 'reached Bangalore?'.
    If you have reached Mysore in 2 hours from Vellore, you and your car must be insane. :D
    Mridul likes this.
  4. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ramjn mistake.. it was suppose to be Hosur..

BTW only half of my post is visible.. i had posted another couple of para..