1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion Required - Chennai to Wayanad

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Mridul, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Planning for a 4 day trip with friends on 11th April to Wayanad from Chennai in my white beast. Starting from Chennai at 0530 am - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur. From here confused whether to go via Mandya or Kanakapura route.

Planning to stay at bloomsgreen farm. We are 4 guys & looking for a stay at around 3000/day, though suggestions are welcomed..

Request your help in selecting the route, stay & the main places to visit there. Any other cautions/suggestions/tips will be helpful..

P.S: I went through the forum & found the Wayanad related posts to be old.. Pretty sure many would have changed by now.
  2. Jithu

Jithu Timido

Wayanad
    Wayanad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Mridul,
    Glad to hear that you are planing to visit my place and you are welcome to "Wayanad".
    The best route you could choose is Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur - Electronic city - Nice road - you can either chose Mandya (bangalore - mysore SH 17 which is 4 laned road till mysore but lots of speed breakers ) or via Kanakapura - Malavalli - Mysore ( Less traffic & 2 lane road) . If you could reach mysore before 4 o' clock in the evening you can Drive via Mysore - Nanjanagoodu - Gundlupet - Sulthan Bathery - Beenachi - Kenichera( Blooms Farm ). In this stretch, the road from Nanjanagoodu to Madur is under work, road widening work is going on. By 9 PM this road will be closed from Madur forest check post. and opens only 6 AM. Night traveling is prohibitted in this forest area. So if you reach Mysore in the late evening, you come via Mysore - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Kutta - Tholpetty - Mananthavady - Panamaram - Nadavayal - Kenichera. this road will be opened during night.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/C...1f760!2m2!1d76.1493891!2d11.7251237!3e0?hl=en
    Mridul likes this.
  3. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Jithu thanks for the info.. we are planning to reach electronic city between 1 - 2pm.. need a route which is safe & less traffic.. which one do you suggest?
  4. Jithu

Jithu Timido

Wayanad
    Wayanad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Kanakapura road has less trafic compared to SH 17, Since its weekend and also vishu is on 15th april so you could expect some trafic, because most of the malayalies comes to kerala from bangalore to celebrate vishu with their parrents in kerala. and SH 17 will be more crowded. Day before yesterday i had a trip to tirupati. while going i took kanakapura road and while coming back i choose SH 17 ( via Mandya )
  5. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ok..
    so i'm going with Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur - Kanakapura - Malavalli - Mysore - Mysore - Nanjanagoodu - Gundlupet - Sulthan Bathery - Beenachi - Kenichera( Blooms Farm )
    Return planning to start from Wayanad to Bangalore on 12th Monday at round 3pm.. same route is fine right or should i go with SH17 ?
    Also any idea about the main places to visit there ?
  6. Jithu

Jithu Timido

Wayanad
    Wayanad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Mridul, go ahead with this route. Try to reach gundlupet by 8:00 PM and pass Madur forest check post before 8:40 PM, other ways you will be trapped at check post. They closes it by 9:00 PM and opens only 6:00 AM.
    On returning you can choose either SH17 or Kanakapura road. Both route is almost same in distance. SH 17 is 4 lane. Night Drive through Kanakapura road is not safe.
    Mridul likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Anyday kanakapura road is better. Mandya route is painful and depressive with 'n' number of speed (and car too) breakers. Just be prepared that you will have less or no food option on this road.

And if I were you I would take the Dimbam ghats thru Satyamangalam while returning just for the pleasure of driving in this ghat road which is aptly made for Fiats.
    Mridul likes this.
  8. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sure @ramjn will consider ur route in the return..
  9. Mridul

Mridul Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally made my trip after a big mess-up..

Few photos of my beast: DSC_1997.jpg DSC_2310.jpg
    DSC_1720.jpg
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to know.

Why not do a travelogue in this thread? :)