1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion - Punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by santoshmandali, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi guys, I am planning to go for Punto MJD emotion. With the recent flat 1 lakh discount because of the launch of Evo is it a good option?

Also please suggest me with the do and don't s while going for a punto.

Any accessories that can be done. BTW i am planning to go for owhite colour.

Cheers..
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Absolutely the Present Punto with the hefty discounts is a perfect VFM buy. The new Evo is a cosmetic workover of the present Punto with engines remaining the same. So with eyes closed you can opt for Punto.
    DO's: Take a proper test drive and ensure the car satisfies all your buying criteria. Once you decide to book, ensure that you do a mini PDI before confirming the car for registration, Do a proper PDI during delivery and get set to ride the Punto.
    DONT's: None

Accessories: Rear parking sensors, a good emergency tool kit, Anti rust under body coating, Paint sealant protection (if you want this one), good seat covers.
  3. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3

Thank you, however I did a mini PDI and the ODO was showing H 140, is it okay go for it. The explanation that Vecto Motors - Bangalore were giving me was that their yard is quite far away "Nelamangala" and many of their cars would be about 100 KM ODO.

Also will there be any issues with Spares in future since this model is going to be phased out?

Rgds,
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Santosh,

H140 is a bit much for a yet to be delivered car. check other models reading, if in sync do a proper PDI as per TFI guidelines. Other owners who bought from vecto can comment as what was in there Odo during delivery.
    Regarding spares there wont be issues at all, as the EVO is just a facelift and No mechanicals changed.
  5. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3

Thank you Abhishek,

Have visited the showroom , majority of the cars are about 100 km...but have seen the punto EVO and now am not able think of Grande Punto.

Regards,
    Santosh
  6. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Santhosh.... My opinion is to spend that extra money & buy the new Punto. It looks hott! Current design is sexy too, but 5 yrs older. Chances are there you might regret whenever you see an Evo on road if you buy GP. Go for the newer one if you could afford the amount. You'll get it back when you sell it. All the best :)
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    IMO the odo reading is on the higher side. You can reject it if there are latest manufactured vehicles availabel with the dealer. Also Bangalore has a couple of more Fiat dealers, try your luck with them. Bangy TFIians can thrown more light here.

When mechanically the old and new Punto are same, where does the question of spares unavailability for older models arises? Dont get messed up with these thoughts. If you are interested in the new Punto, take a test drive to find the difference in performance and then decide.
  8. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Just to put an end to it, I have got my Punto Evo Emotion Red colour delivered on 5th Sep'14 from Vecto Motors. ODO reading stands at 84km . However the front two tyres have been scraped / cut (replaced the next day). The hatch door glass was not aligned properly (corrected the same day)
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    It is H 84 km or 84?
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your possession sir. Please upload some pics of your beauty