1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion on Equalizer, CoAxials and Subwoofers.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Amerish, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Amerish

Hello Experts,

I need your suggestions on adding on an Equilizer to Grande Punto Emotion Pack. I heard adding an equalizer provides more control and improves the quality. I dont want to loose the Head Unit. In addition, I want to add co-axials and subs also in my Punto Emotion Pack.

Equalizer - Clarion EQS 746
    Co-Axials - ?? - Need suggestion for best option.
    SubWoofer or Shallow Subwoofer - ?? - Need suggestion for best option.

Will I achieve SQ after adding on the Equalizers,Co-Axials and Subs? I am confused :confused:.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance!!!

2. nareshov

A lot depends on your budget. The head-unit is really bad at producing a decent sound quality for the rest of the components in your would-be ICE setup.

I went on my ICE journey in a convoluted manner: speakers first, amps and subwoofer second and finally the HU. A huge difference in SQ was noticed between stage 2 and 3 too.

If the handsfree option is what you value in the stock HU, find a replacement with BT-handsfree support.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Clarion EQS 746 should help, but it is not a dynamic equilizer like the Sony HU DM+ feature. From the reviews it is clear that this small piece of equipment can be very good if adjusted right.

I will suggest pioneer TS-D1720C for the front and Polk Coaxials at the back for some extra bass. And of course an amp is a must for components and high quality coaxials.

TS-D1720C - 6¾" Component Speaker Package | Pioneer Electronics USA
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

First of all equaliser just filters the original sound based on settings you do for the various frequencies. A Digital sound processor is something you need if you want to condition the sound coming from the source. Even better option is to change the source of the sound. After you set the first step right then you jump onto the speakers.