1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion on deciding 2013 Punto Active 1.3 or 2011 Nov Punto 1.3 Emotion?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mithunravi, Jul 12, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A trip speed of 35kmph usually indicates a bit of highway driving. In city i am rarely able to cross an average speed of say 20-25.

Take a good hard look at the 2011 if it fits your needs better. Ask for its service history and also its repairs if any. The 2nd service will cost you around 7-8k so factor that into pricing consideration. 13k kms is pretty much new like.

Cheers.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Apart from the individual performance of the 2011 & 2013 cars, you also need to take into account the warranty applicable. Does the used 2011 Emotion have the extended warranty bought by the previous owner? If so then now it must be in the extended warranty period. If you opt for a new 2013 car, you will get std warranty of 3 yrs and EW of 2 yrs which is actually a peace of mind.

My suggestion is rank them from 0 to 10 in terms of performance, ride quality, features wise, Cost+ Insurance and you will see for which car is worth it. Is the price of 2011 car negotiable? If so calculate the difference in the lowest value for both the cars and decide accordingly:).
  3. If you are purchasing in Cash, than bargain till 5L and buy the Emotion 2011, If you are taking loan than better you buy new one as interest rates are higher on used cars.

Check previous owner took Loan or not, if car on Loan then ask owner to clear loan and remove entry from RC 1st.

Check the Insurance, if he took any claim or not etc.

Good Luck. :)
  4. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    Thanks for all your posts....
    Today again I went and saw that car along with a teamwana member who usually inspects used cars. According to him it s a excellent well maintained car ,these kind of used cars are difficult to get in the market. We can still feel the smell of new car inside the car and can feel newness when we open the bonnet. The owner went abroad and no one in his family know driving that y they are selling it. Yes planning to buy using ready cash....IDV value is 5.20lakhs and will expire this November. I don't believe no seller will agree with a price even lower than IDV. But I am still thinking...almost made my mind;)..need to take a decision in 1-2 days...
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Try to get the service history of the car from any fiat authorized sc. that will give you additional peace of mind
  6. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    5 Lacs should be your max quote

Check & Confirm ExWarranty and service record if they have
  7. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    Will the service center reveal the details..do FIAT Bangalore have a centralized customer care service center number..any idea? For Hyundai they used to have for FIAT not sure
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Pls dont take a hasty decision. As suggested by Shams try to get the service history. Also enquire with the Insurance co regarding any claims, this you can find out by checking the NCB in the Insurance policy papers. Also check if there is any hypothecaction to any bank, if so this will mean the loan clearance first and then the transfer of RC in your name. Tread carefully. Any over eagerness should not be spoiler later. All the best.
  9. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Get the new car mate.. the smell, happiness and feel of driving your new car is something else, which you wont get from a used car. 35km/hr avg speed and 17km/L avg fuel consumption is pretty unlikely for city, it will surely be a mix of city and highway driving. New car or used car... welcome to the family mate :D.

Also a Nov 2011 Punto will have a much lesser ground clearance (170mm) then the post 2011 models (185mm). And thats a huge bonus with regards to the road condition in our country.
  10. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    At last made my mind will book a 1.3 new Active. Will post details further. Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.
    1 person likes this.