1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion on deciding 2013 Punto Active 1.3 or 2011 Nov Punto 1.3 Emotion?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mithunravi, Jul 12, 2013.

1. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I am a new member... going to buy a Punto this week. Here is my confusion I have 2 choices now...want your valuable suggestions regarding which model to go for.

2011 Nov Punto 1.3 Emotion Tuscan wine Color 13K ODO --5.3Lakhs.
    or
    Brand new Punto 1.3 Active On Road-5.84Lakhs after all discount

The used one is not driven much in good condition still under warranty and 2nd year service pending.
    Difference I believe is GC and small FE increase and some good quality interiors.

Will you please help me choosing one out of these

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also wanted to check with all of u if Multi Function Displays Trip 1 shows 630kms and FE 17km/l and average speed 35km/hr does that mean on an average speed of 30km/hr inside city the car is consistently giving 17km/l FE?

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am leaning towards 2011 Emotion since it got ABS that I wish to have.. pls suggest
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm a bit biased towards new cars so i'd suggest the 2013 Active.

Get some better tyres and you're set.

How much is the Dynamic OTR? I reckon it has ABS.
    2 people like this.
  3. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    Thanks gurjinder. Dynamic is around 6.78Lakhs on the road. Out of my budget... thats the issue...
    Heard that the multijet opens up once it crosses 10K Km..
  4. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    Also the price I have given for new car is from Kerala so will be kl reg and I need to drive in Bangalore and the used car quoted is ka reg. the new car price in Bangalore will be 50k more , also the emotion 2011 that I saw is in excellent condition. Owner went to us that's y his family selling it.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Mithun if you are tight on budget and want more feature rich car at less price and if you are happy with used car then i would suggest you get 2011 Punto Emotion Tuscan Wine..MID shows avg of 17 km/l driven in city on an avg speed of 35 km/hr..if owner is selling bcoz of going to abroad then you can buy this car with 13 k ODO reading in excellent condition..when you buy new or used punto plz post lots of pics of ur Punto..
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I suggest to go for a new car always than a used one. The extra penny that you are spending will make wonders later.
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Was the used one having fiat alloys and steering mounted controls ? Am asking this to confirm if this variant is the top of line during 2011 ? Or is it the dynamic what we have for newer models ?

Because there were 4 variants during the 2010, active dynamic, emotion, emotion pack . And now we have just 3, active , dynamic and emotion

If it is the top variant, then I feel the used one is more tempting, else new car it is , :eek::)
    Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  8. mithunravi

mithunravi

Bangalore
    Thanks Nadeem,Bharath,Sujith

Used car is an Emotion 2011 model not Emotion Pack. ABS is there but no Blue and me or Steering Mounted COntrols. All other features are there. ie equivalent to today's Dynamic. No scratches seen and all in good condition. I am planning to do a second test drive with a car inspector today. Those guys are third party who inspect the car and give suggestions on the condition. Will post what's the latest by today evening. Problem with new car is I can Drive in Bangalore 1 year with KL registration afterwards it will be a headache due to RTO tax things. But 1.3 Active for 5.82 and Dynamic for 6.78 is really temptiog me to buy from Kerala.

Also wanted to check with all of u if Multi Function Displays Trip 1 shows 630kms and FE 17km/l and average speed 35km/hr does that mean on an average speed of 30km/hr inside city the car is consistently giving 17km/l FE?
  9. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi

If you could negotiate a bit more to 4.5 to 4.75 , it makes sense

And New car has 5 yrs warranty now worth atleast 50k and new is always new
  10. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    it's not conclusive that it is city mileage. It may be a combination of highway and city. Let me tell you all mjds give at least 14 in city and 19 in highway, although I have got a FE of 26 for a trip of 750 kms, where in I have driven very conservatively . .
    Let me tell you the mileage figure is just a new car craze, nowadays for me it's just fill it and forget it, just enjoy the drive and you get good fe :)

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.