1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

suggestion needs on Punto/FIGO Diesel variant

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by raj_siripuram, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Best diesel car fits in budget b/w 7-7.5 lacs

1. Punto emotion

90.5%
  2. figo titanium

7.1%
  3. i20 sportz

9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. guys,

I am sure that my monthly mileage wouldnt cross more than 1k kms. I just did TD both Punto and Figo in last week and felt both are good. as i reviewed lot of threads on punto drive so observed few cons. avg plastics quality and pros being good steability on high ways and streerig response is too good. though i dont like deep clutch pedal. since i drove it for the first time i wasnt much comfortable with the vechicle.

i was initially thinking of swift zxi for petrol version but on road price is coming around 7.3Lacs. that is the reason i thought of going diesel vechicle now a days petrol cost is increasing like anything and in hyd it is 81 Rs so i am tending to buy diesel. but honestly i don't know much about other driving factors and how much expensive if i go for diesel vehicle though initial cost i could bare but couldnt predict maintenance charges later on.

i dont like BRIO much because of space and rear looks. if it is petrol i thought to go for swift zxi and i20 sportz which fits in my budget( max 7.5lacs). i headrd that i20 maintenance again expensive compare to swift or other vechicle.

i need you experts suggestion on my confusion and please help me to buy my first car.

ps: i like both comfort, looks and performance.. :)
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I m completely confused after reading your above post :confused:

However, not delving too much into your confused state of mind , I would recommend you to take a look at the New nissan micra .

I have recently bought the entry level Petrol base model Active XE. After one month of ownership, I am happy overall with the car (though it's primarily driven by my wife) and the last tank full I got an average of 14kmpl in city driving with AC.

You can check the ACTIVE XV fully loaded, might just fit your requirement.:cool::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3

If you are in doubt with Punto diesel, no parts loosen or fallen till now.

My running:- May be this can be helpful for you to check running KM doubt.

1st service done- 2000 KM ( 3 Months-Oct 2010).
    2nd service done-11750 KM ( 12 Months- June 2011).
    3rd service done- 19450 KM ( 24 Months- June 2012).
    4th service done- 33984 KM ( 2 Year 9 Months-March 2013).
    Till today- 42000 KM (3year 3 months).

I own Punto without any test driving. Had only one information:- The same Fiat engine which is running on swift made it hot cake ( 2010 January) when I First look at her. Because I never checked hatch as my car.
    2010 January it was 7.14 L on road, I own it on June 2010 with 7.70L on road hyderabad. No regret on this, only one regret, I was not aware of 90 HP launch, I took delivery on 27th June, 90 HP launched on 14th July 2010.

Service interval is 15000 Km. So min 1 year you don't need to go to SC. But in Hyderabad do safe driving and beware of auto & bike, then your mind will be peaceful.

Once you start enjoying Punto, You willn't bother to look other hatch. It will listen your voice.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. i am not concerned about it's performance & ride... but what i was telling there little discomfort on clutch as i drove punto first time. may be that is the reason but when i used to do i shouldnt be a problem.

my confusion was about type of vehicle should i go.. either petrol or diesel because my monthly mileage is short below 1000 kms. having said that diesel car mileage is good so i was opting for that with the same cost but in b/w few buddies suggested that for my requirement(milege) it is better petrol car... hope you got it.
  5. rkhare

rkhare Timido

Bhopal
    1. Raj, I think with less than 1000 pm and mostly city driving, petrol is the fuel for you. Difference in price of petrol and diesel will eventually be remove in less then 2 years now (@ 50 paisa per month ) so the only advantage of diesel would be better milage. To justify higher initial cost, you need to drive a minimum of 30k per year. If that's not the case look for petrol..
    2. The current offer in Punto emotion is around 65k including exchange bonus. OTR emotion in MP is around 7.5 after discounts. Don't get confused by fiat ad, 1l discount is on Linea and not punto.
    3. If you still want to compare between diesel Figo and Punto, I believe fiat and punto are 2 best cars on Indian roads, only area where punto beats Figo is looks and ground clearance. So I will rate punto above Figo.
    4. Man you are asking which car is better in a Fiat forum? What answer do you expect from us-snobbish minority who are simply crazy for their Italian beauty.

Only thing consistent in life is change
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Figo scores more only in a Ground Clearance. Thats it,,, all i know

You are not gonna drive the car on a Mountain Terrain??, Just take care and slow clow at humps and proceed all i can say dude.

Just ask people driving Fiat, they will go non stop...,

I advice you take a Test drive of both cars at same speed and curves. the just listen to the heart.
  7. Figo clutch is lot harder than Punto
    1 person likes this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Tony, Punto's GC now is way too high and doesn't scrape a bit on any terrains. I am talking about post 2012 models. Whereas Figo is still low.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Agreeee..........!
    When I was purchasing a new Linea, I checked with one of my colleagues. He said he will take 5-10 mins.
    Then he talked non-stop for 1 hr !!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In spite of the low GC, Figo doesnt scape as the older Puntos do. That's because when Punto hits, it's the engine guard that takes the hit. In Figo's case, there is no low lying engine guard to scrape. So if it hits, it suffers royally.
    2 people like this.