1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

suggestion needs on Punto/FIGO Diesel variant

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by raj_siripuram, Sep 3, 2013.

Best diesel car fits in budget b/w 7-7.5 lacs

1. Punto emotion

2. figo titanium

3. i20 sportz

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Punto 75HP Emotion costs around 7.6L OTR in Chennai after applying all discounts. I believe the price in Hyderabad should be slightly less than this. You may need to check with Tejaswi for the best quote.

Also, if you really like Figo just go ahead and buy one. But, do understand that Figo should not be pitted against Punto. Compare Figo, Beat, Micra, and Pulse. :)
    1 person likes this.

Grande Punto 1.3
    Where Punto Over power FIGO

1. Looks
    2. Handling
    3. Build Quality
    4. MJD Engine
    5. Ground Clearance where Punto's GC is best in market. Figo's GC is worst
    6. ASS not bad as people assume to be.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ask a FIGO owner(atleast driven his car for more than one year) to sit in a punto and have test drive and you just watch the Figo owner's Facial expression,story ends.I have experienced it. :)
    5 people like this.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

As far as I know, the OTR of Punto MJD Emotion was ~7.8 lakhs. There was a 1 lakh discount on exchange and loyality bonus last month. I really hope that the offer continues this month aswell.

I know this is your first car and probably you donot have or want to exchange an old car.

But apart from the exchange offer, you might get the following offers:

Corporate discount: ~5-10k (Depends if your company is eligible)
    Insurance: Many of us got this as free (May be the offer still exists)
    RSA: This isn't free. But can be negotiated.

Given the above discounts, you can definitely bring the OTR within your budget. Negotiate hard.
    Contact Nirosha from Tejaswi and refer TFI. She would definitely give you the best deal available.

Good Luck.

P.S: I would not comment much on Figo as I have never been in one. I din't even consider Figo while I was on a lookout for a car (ended up happily with Punto) just based on looks. IMPO Figo is ugly.
  5. Go for figo...only if you want a car which had somewat of everything at a lower price point..
    I test drove figo twice and that was to make up my mind..a car with zero lag(didnt matter much to me), a car which is out of breath a
    Posy 100kmph was never meant for me..
    Punto is an answer to every hatchback in india..the best I would say. But to you I would recommend a test drive in the highway back to back...that should be enough to make up your mind..till then ciao...
    hope to see your ownership thread soon..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Drive it to Believe It, Punto is the ahead of others in Hatchback.
  7. Folks,
    I was told my friend who owns a Ford Fiesta classic, that there is no inter cooler in Fiesta or figo. that explains the zero lag in these cars is it not?
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

IIRC even Micra doesn't have one. Both the intercooler and lag.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

I agree that Micra and Sunny do not have turbo lag. But Figo does have some turbo lag, I had driven my manager's Figo last year and I did find there's turbo lag and that's the only thing she doesn't like in her car.

But when I drove Micra and Sunny, I never experienced turbo lag. Its definitely a boon in city. Since its been over 11000 kms with my Punto, I very well know how to keep her moving in the city and highways.

Like someone said "Understand your car and communicate with it and it shall never disappoint you".

Cheers :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  10. turboKarthik

turboKarthik Timido

Good luck with the decision making :p

In my opinion, it does not make economic or financial sense to put more for a diesel for a low running of 600-1000 km per month. The additional 1.5L of money you put on a diesel car will never be recovered through the cost savings of petrol v/s diesel until 8-10 years. Also note that diesel prices are going closer to petrol prices, further narrowing the running cost gaps between the two fuels. I would just stick to a fun-to-drive petrol hatch if I were you. If not the Brio 1.2 iVTEC V MT, the Swift 1.2 ZXi would be a close second choice. If you can somehow stretch for the Polo GT 1.2 TSi DSG, you can butcher the life out of all other hatches out there. It will be at least a lac more than the budget though, sadly. I would urge you to think again on this petrol v/s diesel aspect.

They belong to 2 different segments, so the comparison is a bit unfair in my opinion. Figo would be a segment lower in features, dimensions (relatively) and price.

Punto will score as the better hatchback overall, because it is from a higher segment altogether. If you can stretch the budget, Punto should fit the bill perfectly and keep you happy.

Maintenance is never costly with a modern Fiat, at least as far as MultiJets are concerned. It is more about whether you are mentally prepared for a few niggles and putting up with the service station's incompetent staff who might take some time to diagnose and rectify issues, compared to the uber cool experience you would have had with Maruti/Hyundai. It is a compromise you make for getting a better car to drive. That said, Ford A.S.S is no angel either. They are slightly worse in some areas, if not better. So this is like a case of choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea as far as A.S.S is concerned. If you want the MultiJet engine and hassle-free servicing, why not look at the Swift?? That car with the same 75HP engine can bash the living daylights out of a 75HP Punto, thanks to a superbly tuned gearbox.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013