1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

suggestion needs on Punto/FIGO Diesel variant

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by raj_siripuram, Sep 3, 2013.

Best diesel car fits in budget b/w 7-7.5 lacs

1. Punto emotion

2. figo titanium

3. i20 sportz

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi all...

I am new to TFI... I would like to know your suggestions on buying a new car. This is the first car am going to buy so researhing for last 3-4 month. my budget would be 7-7.5 Lacs.

Initially i thought to go for Petrol variants and shortlisted few like I20 spz, swift 2.2 ZXI but later on my close buddies told me to go for diesel. so slowly i tend to opt Diesel vechicle. i am thinking my trip in a month not more than 1000kms so it may vary b/w 600-1000kms per month.

When i have checked out both those two petrol variants i got quote more than 7lacs so i just step back and redirected my thoughts to figo titanium diesel because it is also coming in the same range around 7.2Lacs . subsequently i did reviews on both FIGO and PUNTO emotion but i find both to be competent except few cases like looks and price on punto high end variant.

i test drive figo and i felt good with no major concerns other than lack of rear pwr windows. Now i am becoming crazy with punto stylish looks and little more whistles. + in punto what i have observed is pwr windows + looks but the high end price might go +50k additionaly when compare to figo high end.

literally i dont know much about driving but i could manage in city and have crazy to buy a very nice hatchback at first attempt with grand looks impression.

basically am from hyderabad so few of my collegues told me that ASS isnt that good and even told one of my friend bad experience with liena serving issues at Tejaswi dealers.

So my question is do i really need to panic on ass in hyderabad and how about maintainance and spare costs? this is also important to me because i can pay little more at first buy but i cant afford if the maintainence goes beyond certain limits.

request you TFI members to please help me on this regard and be part of my new car experience.

2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    To make your choice simpler u need to just keep both the cars together (visual appeal) - Punto wins hands down, I don't know if figo even falls in the same segment:cool:

Another simple test is , drive both cars. You should again have no doubts on the ride quality that punto offers far ahead of competition.

Equipment levels are far Better in Punto if you are comparing the top end models.

I wouldn't compare Punto with figo, honestly.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

I had figo petrol and dhifted to punto emotion plus mjd (diesel)
    Figo advantage over punto
    1) figo boot space Is far better
    2) Figo rear seats r more comfortable and spacious
    3) stock speakers r very good
    4) Service centre are good and spares are easily available and reasonable ly priced

Advantsges Punto over Figo

1) Looks and stylish ...nothing to compare
    2) The powerful and best diesel enjine u can ever have
    3) Safety features and built quality
    4) Figos ground clearance is very bad it touches almost all speed breakers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

A sincere suggestion. Buy a car that really suits your needs. If your monthly running is upto 1K kms, then I would suggest to stick to petrol cars. Buying a diesel car just beacuse you have the moolah is not logical. But if you are still interested in diesel cars, then based on your choices I would anytime suggest Punto diesel. I had did the comparison between a Figo and Punto on many aspects during my search and Punto wins hands down on looks, driveability, handling, low end torque, rear seat space & more bells & whistles. The DTE indicator on a Figo is puny as compared to Punto. The solidness feeling which you get once inside a Punto is the ace. Although I havent experienced the service levels as yet but I guess thats comparable with any brand with Fiat showing the eagerness to improve its network and spares availaibilty. The only deterent in Punto is cheap interior plastics and thats it.

Hope this helps.
  5. Go with any of these two cars, you will not go wrong.
    Punto has better safety and technology,if properly cared will require very little maintenance.
    Spares availability is an issue for both you might have to wait for week to get some some of them.But advantage with Punto is you can get all spares from third party dealers like Kava or 99rpm.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

I would suggest Figo over Punto. We have a figo for over a year and its an absolute delight. If you primarily drive within the city and go for an occasional long drive, then the case for Figo becomes even stronger. If the situation is the other way around, then Punto is slightly better. Within city limits, there is no denying that 1.4 TDCi is the better engine in terms of responsiveness when compared with 1.3 MJD.

With regards to service and spares, well they have MUCH bigger presence overall and till date never had a bad experiance with regards to service (not that anything has gone wrong with our car). The overall cost of each service rarely exceeds 3.5 ~ 4K. The less said about Fiat service the better.

If you don't mind the boring looks of Figo, then you have got yourself a very reliable VFM product that rarely lets you down.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Read this thread entirely and make a decision. This is the most comprehensive comparison thread for Figo and Punto in TFI.

If you have a query for which there is no answer in that thread, please let me know. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. Thanks guys. What am just little more intrested on looks too. what is the otr for emotion? would it fit in my budget? didnt get quote of punto yet but figo obviosuly fits in...
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

What I like in the Figo:
    • Music System
    • Almost NIL turbo lag
    • Handling
    • Marginally better rear leg-room
    • Marginally bigger boot

What I hate in the Figo:
    • Low GC
    • Engine runs out of breath post 80~100kmph
    • Wafer thin bumpers, which snap and literally fly like paper in the air while car is in motion, this leads to larger bills in the unfortunate case of an impact
    • Build is not as good as Punto
    • Outdated engine with questionable long-term reliability
    • Few cost cutting measures: For eg the 3rd High-mounted stop lamp is just made up of ONE conventional bulb
    • Ride quality is not as good as Punto

Hope this helps you in taking a decision.
    1 person likes this.