1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion for long trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ragu, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Ragu

Ragu

Bangalore
    Hi all

Planning a trip 'Bangalore -Trichy- Nagercoil - Bangalore' 17-22 of this month. ( Around 1500 kms in total ).

I plan to order these.
    1. Samsung Galaxy S2 holder
    2. Samsung Galaxy S2 USB charger
    3. Sun shades
    4. Neck rest
    3. Rear seat inflatable mattress ( Multipurpose Foldable Mattress with Air Pump Price - Buy Multipurpose Foldable Mattress with Air Pump Online at Best Price In India)

Any suggestions for 1-4. I need a good quality one.

Please list the must have accessories to be installed from the Dealer (like Mud flaps, etc).
    I'm going for 3M or 3D mats. Gonna change the tyres to Michelin Primacy 3 ST (Any dealer suggestions in Bangalore?).

Also, please suggest If I should be carrying anything else for this highway trip.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    1. Mobile Holder - Capdase HR00-CA01

Capdase HR00-CA01 Universal Racer Car Mount Holder Black - Capdase: Flipkart.com

2. USB Charger - Samsung

Samsung Car Charger CAD300UBEC/INU - Samsung: Flipkart.com

3. Rayban Aviator or Wayfarer - Its advised not to buy shades online as the size varies and its difficult to pick the right size. One thing you can do is to go to a shop, check the size & model, check for the best price online & buy.

Sites - Lenskart, Junglee, Flipkart

4. Neck Rest - Sparco (Costly, Rs.850), Autofoam (Cheaper, Rs.400)

Sparco - Neck Pillow - Carbon Blue - Buy Car Accessories Accessories | Snapdeal.com
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Raghu,

Couldnt understand the need for the reat seat matteresses, do you intend to go camping?

Also by Sun shades I am sure you meant the sun shades for the car. Kailesh mentioned about the sun shades for self.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Ragu: I think you have created the thread on the wrong section. You are asking about car accessories but you have created it in the travel section.

I have a cap dase usb to micro usb charger without the wire and it is good with a soft grip texture. bought it if I remember right for Rs.250 from flipkart. It is a universal charger.

I don't think items 3,4 and 5 are necassary. Let me know how much are the cost of the 3m or 3d mats and which car do you have?
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Raghu get Capdase dual USB 1A Charger. It is available in eBay and Flipkart. It is really good. You can charge two devices at a time an that too at 1A per hour.
    Also, if you do not have Sun Film installed, better get it done. Go in for Blaupunkt sun films which will not be detected by cops @ all. Over and above you can get sun shades if needed.
  6. Ragu

Ragu

Bangalore
    Yes, the mattress is for camping purposes. And you are right about sun shades.

Sun shades blocks the sun light to some extent and it'll be very helpful during day travel. I need the neck rest for comfort and it's for Linea. Mattress can wait some time (During travel, the person at the rear seat prefer to lie down for sometime and it'll create bit more moving space. Also, for camping purposes, it'll be very helpful.)

To install sun film, have to search for a dealer who will fit it perfectly sans bubbles. Otherwise, cops will figure it out easily. Have decided to travel by night. So, this can wait.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sun films are anyways illegal, the ones which wouldnt be detected by cops would be too transparent without provising the reqd cooling. Better to opt for those folding type sun shades which are sold by vendors at the signals. Or opt for some pull down type sun shade offered on websites but the installation I assume will be a bit tedious.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Sunfilms are not illegal if they transmit the required amount of light into the cabin and the occupants are visible at night and day. There are very good sun films avaialble in the market which you can fit. Even though they are transparent to an extent, they provide amazing heat reflection. I have been using these kind of films for years now and not a single cop has stopped me.

In fact this time for the Linea I even got the front windscreen laminated with film. The cool in the cabin in our searing Madras summer is great. Also lowers the air conditioner load and also cuts out the high beam from oncoming traffic at night.
  9. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore

5u3zEr0, Can you tell me the brand you have used & whats the price you paid ?
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    It is Blaupunkt Artic A75 series and around Rs.10,000 if I remember correctly.