1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Suggestion for a new subforum, for those who don't compromise on.......... table!! ;)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by phate_b, Sep 17, 2012.

1. We all travel a lot, and once in a while we travel to unfamiliar, even alien places on the map of our country. And there's one activity that's enjoyed by every human being, whether you travel or not.... and that's FOODING!! :dancing

Now the point I wanna make, is definitely readable from the above two lines... whenever we are at an unfamiliar place it gets really, really tough to choose a place from where we can eat out, especially for someone like me...who's got a never ending appetite for good, and different food. Its totally foolish to trust the hoardings cos' we at TFI believe that the best things in the world are never advertised. And its very very true when it comes to eateries, coz' everyone in that place knows the best, and the rest will have to put up hoardings to pull in new ones in town. Interacting with people around to spot such places is what I do, but its not practical in situations at which we don't stay there for a long time, or in case its lunchtime while I pass by some city. The trustworthiness of local advice is never 100% either.

So, just like the road conditions, availability of the perfect 'fuel' to the drivers is also a matter of concern On Road. And who doesn't love to get a perfect taste of the place you're at. Some of us meanwhile may be looking for their good old favorites itself at the new place too.

I suggest we need a place for members; to seek advice to find the best place to eat out at, on a drive to a new city; and to describe the best eateries in their familiar localities.

My suggestion is:

A new subforum in Team Fiat On Road, to serve this purpose, where members shall put up reviews of eateries they know (must-visits and must-not-visits) and also queries about eat-outs in a city to be visited soon or on a route they're planning to take in near future. Mods and fellow TFI'ans...what do you think?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. I think its better if we have threads separately for each city, just like the Bangalore thread you've hyperlinked above which is a perfect example, as a quick read gives a good picture of Bangalore for a guy who is set to be in the city for a couple of days.

And also specific threads for major roads like "Good restaurants on NH544-Cochin-Salem" or "Best place to halt for dinner on a Mangalore-Calicut drive" will be quite helpful. And it will be more organised if all these fall in an exclusive sub-section instead of being listed "Off Topic" making them hard to find.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now I don't see much threads on these, if it makes sense, then we may think about creating it, in future.
    1 person likes this.
  5. That will do.. I'm coming up with a few soon; both queries and reviews. But I am doubtful of where to create the thread for now.