1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden rattling sound in Linea 209 MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by avnsiva, Dec 24, 2012.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Gave my Linea to one of my neighbour and when he returned in the evening after driving it for around 80 kms....I got in to park the car and the moment i started the engine, there is this disturbing kracking noise. I drove the car for a while. The noise stays as it is and does not increase during acceleration.

I parked the car and left the engine on. When I sit near to the front wheels, its clearly audible. Not sure what this problem is....can someone pls help?

I am planning to take my car to Carz India or Carnation. any suggestions?

- - - Merged Post - - -

It appears to be a scraping noise...as if some some two loose metal bits are making some noise....
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Sounds like your car has been through some rough roads carelessly. Check if the engine guard is hitting the engine oil sump. Lets hope your engine oil sump has not started leaking .. If it has your wallet would be lighter by 3-4 k:eek:

PS:- If i were u i will go to TASS and not a 3rd party garage & i may even ask the neibhour to accompany me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. yes.. If it is confirmed that the engine guard is hitting the oil sump, then your neighbour must have gone through some very harsh roads and the main reason for it will be the bulky speed breakers[if any]
  4. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Thanks for the advices....I ll call up TASS to get an apointment. I checked the underbody n engine bay...there was no leakages...no oil leak on the floor as well...the car was parked there overnight.....
  5. Then no problem. Your wallet escaped from its weight loss.:D Well please write a report of your TASS experience after solving your problem.!:)