1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The oil separator/ segregator has gone bust on my 75HP. Its collecting no oil from the turbo blow by. Tensingh says the car is sluggish due to this. Part not in stock with RDC, need to be replaced elsewhere.

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    This statement of TASS has started to get on to my nerves. Even common items like an air filter is out of stock. Wonder if things will ever change.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, be surprised, this statement was from FASS, RDC Fiat. They are not fully operational yet and hence this statement is acceptable.

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Even my GP is showing something similar problem, but slightly different. Car just jerks whenever even a slight push is given to accelerator, I mean, its pulling smoothly, always accelerate with a jerk. After checking twice and cleaning and double checking fuel filter and turbo hose pipes, problem is still there. Weird part is that this is intermediate, sometimes happens and rest of the times everything gets normal and all this drama is below 2000 rpm i.e. before turbo spooling. Thou not a big problem for me but definitely irritating. Going to take my GP to other TASS soon. Can anyone suggest any other area to look for ?
  5. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Just gear down..nd there will be no jerks..
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

:-D, its not turbo lag or Iam not lugging engine, there is definitely some problem. In 2nd gear, at around 1300-2000RPM there is no chance of downshifting to avoid jerks, neither engine is lugging or turbo lag takes place. Its like, hold at around 1800RPM in 2nd gear and car will show minor jerks, whereas normally car should just smoothly carry same speed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jerk sometimes happens due to bad fuel, try with some other fuel bunk.
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Otherwise try to fill the tank with the Turbo Jet for diesels cars & speed for petrol cars once in a two months. This will definitely help to overcome the issue.

Also some IOC petrol bunks has petrol & diesel additives which can added with the normal fuel. The costs might be Rs. 5/- per pouch. I used to fill the tank at my place regularly so the attendant used to give me these pouches as complementary. :)
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Rishi, I believe FIAT manual is against usage of these 'premium' fuels or any fuel additives.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

That is the dilemma, one should use additives or not :-| This problem is there since 10k+ kms, So far just took my car twice to TASS, but problem is still there, difference is that it has increased a lil now. Iam not complaining anything here, its a machine afterall which literally takes so much abuse from various ways, but I just want to pin point the problem. TASS as always, unable to find anything. And I also thought of adding additives but manual says opposite to that and hence never dared to do so. Even TASS advised me not to add it in Fiat multijet, result, Iam stuck with a confusion :-D
    Lets see, taking car to TASS the third time. I hope they do something about it or atleast can find the cause.

And regarding bad fuel, I never fueled from any unknown bunk so far, so I guess I can safely rule out the possibility of bad fuel. Only time will tell whats the reason behind all this LoL
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013