1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hey guys, Since then i got my Punto i have started thinking if its a Microsoft product .. whenever there is a hitch or bug simply give a reboot or restart like a pc and yes everything is working fine.. :evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  2. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    I have experienced the same problem. My GP is 18 months old and have completed 16k. I have checked the ECU but it shows no errors. Can anyone suggest anything for sudden power loss.
  3. asif

Disconnect the egr and drive,if u find any differece then its the issue with the egr/ecu.my linea had the same issue,fiat engineers had reset the ecu parameters and the problem was rectified.In ma case ecu scaner was not able to find any error,now the car runnin fine w/o an issues.Check the previous page of this post for details
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    Thanks for ur suggestion asif. i am taking my GP to Pandit for inspection tomorrow. Will you know about it later.
  5. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    fuel pump...as i had suffred d prblm of power loss after few km drive last yr and after chnge that prblm doesnt occur. but there r other reasons too
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    It's been almost a month and that issue of power loss hasn't resurfaced. Fingers crossed though. As I posted earlier, I had taken my car to TASS for this power loss issue as well as to resolve the starting issues that my car had been facing. As with most things with TASS, the starting issue remains unresolved - the SA seemed to have no clue what was wrong. The ECU scanner was connected and apparently no problem was detected. I was also told that whatever issues are there, the ECU scanner autodetects and resolves them:A - heights of ridiculousness.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Another way of saying "We don't know what is wrong" :A :A

8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It is the EGR i reckon. I'm facing something similar.

It feels like - While accelerating there is a hesitation at ~1800rpm's and then another one at ~2500rpm's etc. This sort of issue was well documented in the UK and the culprit was the EGR sticking/ improper functioning.

But ofcourse, it can be N number of other things as well.

9. EGR cleaning should be done how frequently?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Another thing i have noticed,is that after spirited driving, turbo kick pushes to 2800-3000RPM
    Floor the throttle and it may reach 100-110 if you have a real long empty stretch of road,and then suddenly when RPM reaches 2800-3000,the vehicle goes whoosh and reaches high speeds in no time.