1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Can you post images of which intake pipe you replaced? & which Relay
    (Relay of CRi pump OR relay of low pressure pump inside of fuel tank). Thanx in anticipation
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The bent rubber pipe behind intercooler just above engine protection plate and near catalytic convertor of turbo was changed.
    Relay of low pressure pump was changed.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Code:

what is this relay and how much it costs ? Please provide more input as i sudpect my issue has something to do with this pump inside fuel tank
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Its one of the relay present in fuse box near battery in engine bay, it costs approx 300/-
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Okay, here's an update. For whatever reasons unknown to me, I haven't encountered the powerloss issue in the past 600kms or so. In the past year or so, I had drastically reduced the number of highway drives, as the issue kept cropping up at every 40-50 kms or so. Recently, I had made a few highway drives of about 100kms each without stopping and havent faced the issue even once on those test drives. I had complained to Fiat India many times and kept pressurizing them to send a team here. Now if they do send a team and the issue doesn't show up during the test drive, my complaint will lose credibility.
    The powerloss issue had tortured me for a whole year and nobody could diagnose it yet and now it suddenly vanishes without reason. Not sure whether I should be happy. My gut feeling says maybe it's just temporary. I am planning a 400km round-trip in the coming weekend. That should provide a better picture.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Okay, I have had the long trip that i had mentioned in my earlier post. The powerloss issue didn't crop up even once. The issue seems to have resolved itself without any external corrective measure. It could be temporary but I am happy for now and also perplexed at the same time. The car felt beautiful during the long highway drive - had almost forgotten about this aspect of the car. Nevertheless, a big thumbs down to Fiat India for failing to provide support inspite of uncountable escalations during the past 16 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Any solution for this issue in TJet?

I and some others as well (see below link) have been facing some similar issues with the TJet

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/12095-possible-t-jet-acceleration-issue-causes-3.html

While going through first 4 pages, it appears that symptons are similar:
    - loss of power after acceleration sometimes
    - increase in turbo lag at times i.e. turbo getting active from around 3000 rpm

Above symptons are more present on a hot day i.e. when temperature is above 37-40 degrees and when AC is running. This problem started happening after car was serviced. As per FASS everything is fine - since the examiner does not show anything and they feel that acceleration is fine.

Any pointers would be helpful - also if any solution in this thread that is applicable to TJet, please point to the same
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    acechip likes this.
  8. Step by step checking chart

Hi Guys,
    Got a step by step chart to solve problem of pick up, this may be useful for solving powerloss problem as it contains points discussed under this topic and few more. please show these steps to your nearest FASS. sorry for not clicking pictures properly I was in too hurry but still managed to capture all points.

Hope it helps:)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    6 people like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Abhinav good pics and useful information. :up

Mods, please resize the pics if possible to fit.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    This is pretty helpful. Can you get the same for the TJet as well?