1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,
    I have again faced problem of power loss in my linea after my above mentioned happy post. To get proper solution, I had directly written to company customer support id on 2nd may'14 and today I received call from pune as well as from Kashyap Moters, Okhla regarding it. In my email, I have sent this thread's link and have asked senior management to pay attention to this problem which is face by many throughout India. Will keep u guys updated about the solution provided by experts.

Following is excerpt from my email which is relevant to this thread:-

"2) Problem of Power-loss:- This problem arises when I drive at around 90-100 kms/hr on highways then due to traffic when I reduce speed to 30-40 kms/hr, then car doesn't pick up again normally. it feels engine is over burdened and unable carry load of car. I have tried everything from stopping the car and starting from first gear but problem persists. Even after pressing accelerator to full engine makes loud sounds but car doesn't move forward accordingly. I have to turn off car and wait for few minutes to again continue. As my gears were also hard service manager told me that its problem of clutch set, clutch is slipping. I have replaced the clutch set now gears are soft but problem of power loss has not been solved after this. Now I had word with Mr. OP Sharma in Kashyap Fiat , Noida, he has asked me to bring car to him. I will be going soon but many linea and punto owners, throught india, have shown their cars in their nearest FASS but problem has not been solved till date. This problem is faced by many fiat owners. link to team fiat forum where this problem is shared by many is http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/8952-sudden-loss-power-while-overtaking.html. Please look into matter asap as we fiat car owners have invested our very hard earned money in your product.

For your information I would like to mention a general feeling about Fiat products prevailing in market. We guys have bought Fiat Product even when everybody in market does not give advice to buy fiat cars due to bad service network, not availability of spare parts even in authorized service stations, expensive parts as compared to other companies and low resale value. After buying fiat product I have also faced all these problems since Fiat Palio days.

I request the higher management of Fiat India to kindly help me in solving these above mentioned problems and making me confident about my decision of buying this lovely car. Please take care of above mentioned sentiments of customers about fiat cars, Corrective measures will make fiat beat competition otherwise it wont take so long for fiat to find it hard to sale its cars in India."
    1 person likes this.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Every word is from my heart also.

Now we will see when FIAT engineers will wake up ?
    In Marathi language i there is a idiom. Meaning is as follows.
    We can wake a person who is sleeping but we can't wake up who is pretending to sleep.

From 2009 I feel that engineers of FIAT are pretending that they are sleeping.

I am also facing same problem since 2009 (In my former FGT & now in my VGT GP)
    But FIAT is not giving permanent solution.
    I don't know what ASS guys do .
    Whenever I get my car from ASS problem is solved.Car runs very well only for 400-500 KM.
    After that problem of turbo-lag & poor throttle response at low RPM again encountered.

I have just e-mailed to Mr.Mangesh of FIAT India.
    Let us see what Mr. Kodalkar Sir do no
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. @Bhai : Thanks

I suggest every fiat owner who is facing this problem to email them. When many emails will hit to these "pretending to be sleeping" engineers, they might wake up. I am sure only one or two email wont convince them to take strong action about this.

so TFians lets email them in bulk and force these guys to wake up.:punch
    1 person likes this.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

If anything is faulty we expect to see some error, which is not the case , also fass is saying everything is ok. It is unpredictable too, sometime the sleeping giant wakes up and seems like it is out to kill everyone on its way !!
    May be the injector+c rail signal/censor may not be working optimally and ecu cant catch the error.
    Either way i am happy to fool the ecu and enjoy a smooth drive :) rather than spending my money without knowing what to fix !!
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Red90hp

Hi Abhinav, and also to all Fiat owners facing this issue,

For the time being Abhinav, try disconnecting the EGR and run the car. I have done more than 1000 kms with the EGR disconnected and I have not faced the issue again.

And secondly, I think once the problem is diagnosed and the cause is identified, we should make it as public as possible, as I feel this is the only way FIAT will take it seriously. Its a technical problem so many of us have. I really regeret buying the car. I have had a FIAT for more than 8 years now...
    1 person likes this.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I think all those who are affected by this issue should post the same on Fiat's Facebook page. This should be done everytime there is a post bragging about service and reliability. Only when a large section of owners raises a hue and cry, Fiat might actually acknowledge the issue.
    1 person likes this.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In an email I have send the link of this topic also & requested to read all pages of topic and another similar topics.

No response from Mr.Mangesh. I think Mr.Mangesh is on leave & busy in summer vacation.:D
    1 person likes this.
  8. @Red90hp: thanks for offering a solution for the time being. I also suggest you to send an email to FIAT to put your problem in their notice atleast. so that they take this problem seriously.

thats true, gonna do it asap

Bhai, thanks for doing your bit by emailing, please forward same email to customer support id. They are active...today also received a second call from them after email.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Its not only fiat cars see this Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel: Sluggish Acceleration - Page 2

Its just that fiat owners are more active on forums and maruti owners are not and MASS is expert in brainwashing people who complain and people believe them blindly which is not the case with fiat ass even if they are correct person cross check it and doubt their skills.

I don't face this issue anymore after changing air intake pipes, filter box and relay, touchwood have driven more than 50k kms after changing all these parts and it have not re-surfaced till now.
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I got EGR and intake manifold cleaned.
    And went on a 600kms drive,and pushed it hard,to check if problem was there.
    Till now it has not surfaced,all good for now.