1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Enki,

Fiat has not mentioned anything about idealing on the manual, it just says to start and move slowly without revving hard.

I know this is not relevant to the Thread which is on SUDDEN LOSS OF POWER but to your point above stating on the Pre/Post Ideal time I have responded to that, I am not being "Over-Afraid" as you have pointed.
    I have just given a disclaimer that this practice and is purely let for the individual to follow these methods or not Forcing.

Also DO NOTE, I have seen ASS guys revving the engine hard after service is done and the car’s about to go for a wash, my car was the victim to this practice of theirs, according to them the customers will not be happy if they see black smoke coming out immediately after the service is done and also according to them this clears deposits from Cat converter and clears the EGR values.I know not all ASS have a common practice infact this might be only done at my ASS and not at the other ASS, but the logic of clearing the deposites inside is true even though it was stupid of them doing it when the car's stationery and immediately after this the car would go for a wash.

I am sorry but I am confused with your lines about Easy going, what is the relevance to this thread?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    just wanted to point out that Fiat has mentioned about idling before stopping. The words are "Allow the engine to catch its breath after a taxing drive" :)!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams is right, here is the page from manual -

Punto_idling.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    err @Shams my comments states "Fiat has not mentioned anything about idealing on the manual, it just says to start and move slowly without revving hard" it's for moving ahead and not stopping :geek:
    but you have a good Point:up , taxing drive is usually used for long hauls,

My Palio Petrol Manual also writes about this same line .

Long time ago Fiat used to give a handouts to all Palio users about Do's and Dont’s on Fuel efficiency, there they have mentioned for quick starts and stops to avoid fuel wastage due to idealing, also to switch off the Car if the signal is greater than 30seconds,Petrol Palio never had a Turbo.
    God I wished it was Turbo charged Car.......... ::O

To cut the Long conversation short, these methods are recommended and a compulsion :)
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree, the topic just comes and goes, anyway I think I have written a lot on this topic and it's time for only @Red90hp to respond his feedback on how the car's doing after replacing the EGR valve.

Can you please explain what is the issue you are facing and how is it that you suspect EGR value as the main culprit?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The sudden power loss issue. Kindly look at the first post of this thread.

Actually, it was the SA who had suspected that it was the EGR valve that was at fault and was replaced accordingly.
  8. deepam

deepam

Mumbai
    Even i had same type of issue in my linea diesel, while going on highways suddenly sometimes power fails to come and the rpm needle doesnt rev only even though u push it hard than again after sometime it comes to normal. but recently after that it has not cropped again, so i was also wondering what made it happen that.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think we are paying more attention to catch each other's words instead of suggesting something meaningful to the owner here. Bad Turbo/Injector/EGR... FASS would have catched any hardware failure already. Take a close and personal inspection of leakage of every hose and joint. The reason could be entirely different though, i am just telling based on my recent experience of the same kind of problem. There was whooshing sound clearly audible at revving, even than the bumper had to be taken out to check where was the exact leakage. Were it not that sound, i would have been clueless just like owner of this thread is right now.

Other than this, i don't believe in things like engine break in or slowly catching/losing breath. I took it to max speed on the day of delivery, the very first 20 KMs. Since i intend to drive till 1,50,000 KMs (around 16-17 months more till company lease is over), i will let know if not following these popular guidelines has costed me anything at all or they are just mimicks.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  10. Check this Tax Invoice for the service!
    [TABLE="width: 423"]

[TD="align: left"]Total Parts Amount 48032.84[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total Discount on Parts 2385.97[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Delivery against Cash/Credit Card/D.D ONLY may kindly be drawn [/TD]

[TD="align: left"]in favor of[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]VECTO MOTORS[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Net Parts Amount 45646.87[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total VAT Amount 6618.80[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total Additional VAT Amount 0.00[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total Labor (PM/GR) 15621.00[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Service Tax (Inclusive of Edu. Cess & S&HE Cess) 1834.22[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total Labor (PJ/CRS) 0.00[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Service Tax (Inclusive of Edu. Cess & S&HE Cess) on % [/TD]

[TD="align: left"]of Labor @ % 0.00[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]VAT(WCT) on % of Labor @ % 0.00[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total Discount on Labor 781.05[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]I AUTHORIZE THE ABOVE JOBS BE EXECUTED USING NECESSARY [/TD]

[TD="align: left"]MATERIAL. I ALSO AUTHORIZE VEHICLE TO BE STORED, REPAIRED [/TD]

[TD="align: left"]AND DRIVEN AT MY OWN RISK.[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Total Amount 68939.84[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Grand Total (Rounded Off) ` 68940.00 (+ 0.16)[/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Amount in Words: [/TD]

[TD="align: left"]Rupees Sixty Eight Thousand Nine Hundred Fourty Only[/TD]
    [/TABLE]