1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. May be you should try cleaning EGR and intake manifold once and try.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    That's not at all encouraging! The way things stand right now, my car has to be stopped and restarted every 30-40kms to make the power loss issue go away. Can't imagine this to persist till the time Fiat comes up with a solution.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Have you mailed Mangesh Kodalkar regarding this issue? If not, do so at the earliest and get him involved. Very disappointing to see your issue persist.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I tried doing that earlier when the startup issue with my car remain unsolved for a year, but that didn't help much. Perhaps, what makes the scenario worse is the fact that right now there is just one Fiat A.S.S in the entire state. Meanwhile, the local TASS has already ordered for the EGR Valve, which will be covered by extended warranty. If that doesn't solve it, will try escalating once again.
  5. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Even I'm facing the same issue. I have to switch off and switch on the engine in centre of traffic. Quite frustrating. FIAT ARE YOU LISTENING
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Rituraj
    Was the fuel pump replaced? you had mentioned that the ASS had ordered for the same. As the problem happens after some time of driving, get the coolant lines also checked.

Kiran
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Yes, the fuel pump was recently replaced. This was done to solve the startup issue that I had until recently. I will get the coolant lines checked as you suggested.
  8. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    hi guys, i had faced the same problem, but was sorted out. the problem is in the fuel pump relay and nowhere else. you all are requested to change the fuel pump relay in the fuse box near the battery and the problem will be sorted for ever. if in future you face the same problem just change the fuel pump relay. it costs just 150 bucks. do the needful and reply.
    1 person likes this.
  9. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Are you sure that changing the fuel pump relay will solve the problem. What causes the fuel pump relay to cause power loss.
  10. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    I exactly dont know the reason but my problem was solved immediately and it was rectified by an engineer working for fiat near ranjangaon.