1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Sudden loss of power while overtaking

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rituraj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    Can u give me the mail I'd of mangesh
  2. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Guys

Similar thing happened with my Linea today @ 9200 kms

Will go to Fiat tomo noon to get it checked

Suddenly RPM came down and throttle response in 40% less than normal

Will update you once rectified
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    ^^ The problem with this issue is that the service center guys have no clue how to go about diagnosing it. I think if it has happened just once, it can probably be ignored. In my case, it has started to happen everytime I drive my car at highway speeds. On the highway, I need to stop and start my car every 30kms or so. I am taking my car to the service center tomorrow and if they can't solve it, I will probably take it to some local mechanic.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    I drove it again normally and little slowly today morning and everything seems to be in place
    still will get it checked today or tomo

will keep you posted
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It happened to me only once 2 years back.I called TASS, the SA told me It can happen due to wrong info send by sensors to injectors.He told me to get the car if this get repeated but never happened again.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    An update from my visit to TASS: The ECU Scanner was connected and apparently no errors were shown. The car was taken on a test drive and just after about 20kms of driving, the powerloss thing happened. The car just refused to accelerate. Back at the dealership, they came to a conclusion that the EGR Valve could be the culprit. An EGR from a Linea was temporarily connected and my car was again taken out for a test drive. This time too the issue was back after about 30-40kms. However, on this occasion it was mild and disappeared after a few seconds and it didn't require a turn off and start. After this second test drive, the TASS decided to place an order for the whole EGR Valve assembly. Just wonder how long it will take for them to source the part, given that they will stop attending to Fiat vehicles w.e.f Sept. 30. Mine was taken as a special case and the 'job' was not closed. Hope the diagnosis was correct.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If its done in warranty no problem even new setup FASS can take care if any problem in the work/spare arise later.The problem can be on paid spares/service and should be avoided in case TASS is going to stop servicing Fiat cars in short time as the paid spares carry dealer warranty and other dealers don't oblige that so easily.I had similar issue with my paid shockers from TASS(later stopped servicing Fiat cars) as I had to call Fiat to make FASS oblige the warranty.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The replacement parts will be covered by extended warranty. The nearest and the only FASS in Assam is 350 kms+ from where I live. In order to take my car there, I would have to stop and start my car at every 30-40 kms. As per the TASS, any reported issue with Fiat vehicles will be addressed like before, provided they are brought in before Sept. 30.
  9. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    I think Fiat will soon come with a solution orelse they will have to stop manufacturing cars and invent some new business.
  10. nishweth

nishweth Amatore

kannur,kerala
    No use buddy because after certain period the problem will resurface again. I have changed the EGR twice