1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stylish and Value for Money

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by vaidya.aniket, Jun 16, 2012.

1. [h=3]Full Review[/h]Facebook
    My review..
    Photos of Fiat India | Facebook
    I have been using my Punto for more than 2 yrs now.. I bought it at 5.2 lacs on road Navi Mumbai Diesel Active model.. I have spent zero rs in 1st service, 6000 in 2nd service (wheel balancing 2k, Oil change2.5k, 1.5others).. 12k in the 3rd service .. car feels almost like new after the 3rd service...

I have achieved a top speed of 170kmph.. the boot is big and car is spacious and built like a tank.. its a sexy car and looks very up market.. yes there was turbo lag in the begining but it disappeared with time as the ECS automatically programs the car..

At Fortune cars, Nerul.. the dealership and service is very good.. But yes when I had went to purchase a Punto they did tried to convince me to buy the Vista, but I did not like the looks of vista and its tiny boot like the swift which is not sufficient for long trips with luggage for whole family.. I just bought the Punto..

Fiat has significantly lost trust in the mind of Indian customers in the past few decades, but certainly their commitment for the Punto and Linea owners is appreciated.. Also fiat is doing fantastic job by not bringing new new models and focusing on the supply chain & service for Punto & Linea while keeping costs low.. India is a key market and Fiat will slowly but steadily acheive a good market share in India..

I just love my fiat.. uploaded some snaps for all to see..

[TABLE="width: 100%"]

[TD="width: 130"]Purchased As[/TD]
    [TD="width: 10"]:[/TD]

Have driven a few thousands kilometres

Fuel Economy
    21 kpl

[TABLE="width: 100%"]

[TD="width: 130"]Good[/TD]
    [TD="width: 10"]:[/TD]
    Value for money, style, space, highway cruiser, top speed, huge boot...

Turning radius like big car... Low resale value... not so good for city drive...

fiat (3).jpg

fiat (0).jpg

fiat (2).jpg

fiat (1).jpg

Punto (3).jpg

Punto (4).jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Third pic from the last, where was it? WoW!
  3. sungoa2010

Welcome to TFI. Nice pictures. What I like in active variant is the full black dash and black grill. Punto looks better with black grill.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI.
    I agree with you on all the cons which you have made on the post. I personally think that no other Hatch can match the Punto on the Curves and the comfort which itgives us on the Highway cruising. I feel like driving the Saloon car. :p

1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

Tony, The actual dimension of original punto is 4030mm. Then it will not get the tax benefit. That is why it is cut to 3987mm in India. It is the biggest hatch in its class with it's original dimension.
    1 person likes this.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Upgrade from black front grill to silver is just Rs 850...and same vice versa...
    1 person likes this.
  7. @NitinGirish

road to Gadeshwar dam near Panvel

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Beware of small rocks on the road...
    my recent bad experience on the mumbai Pune Expressway... I was driving at 100kmph and found a small rocks on the road was not not able to slow down and went over those.. all of a sudden i realized that the rocks were not small enough for any car to go over and one of the rocks hit the underbelly skid plate..
    There was huge sound and i felt lot of noise coming from the front... I stopped my car at the corner of the road and called Fiat road assist .. they informed that they would send a tow van from Vashi.. but I thought rather than waiting for the tow van its better to drive till Pune slowly...
    I drove cautiously with a constant watch on the oil indicator, rpm meter, etc all seem to be fine except the noise coming from the front... I took my car to the nearest service center in Pune... they checked and said that the skid plate protected the internals of the car like to oil sump, etc and there was no damage except for the skid plate which was dented and was touching the engine causing the noise... the mechanic used force to reduce the dent preventing the skid plate from touching the engine and the problem was solved... AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THEY DID NOT charge me for the work...
    have added some pics which i took of the dented skid plate... View attachment 30567 568[/ATTACH]]
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  8. Lovely review Aniket bro.
  9. My Polo..ish Punto
    Poloish Punto2 (1).jpg
    Poloish Punto2 (2).jpg
    Poloish Punto2 (3).jpg

Poloish Punto2.jpg
  10. Got the dented skid plate repaired from a roadside mechanic
    he took only 100 rs