1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Strange noise from engine in 2nd gear above 3.5k RPM!!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by N Kiran, Sep 6, 2012.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Simple, ask them to change the gear lever (Which comes along with the wires) - All included in warranty. I got mine replaced just because it made a faint noise due to vibration at a particular RPM in 4th gear. They tried lubricating it but that didn't work, so i asked them to replace it.

When you want a warranty claim and know the part that needs to be changed, just tell them on the face to change it. For parts that just make noises like these and there is no issue with the functionality, they'll not do it unless you specifically tell them to. If they say it is not covered, ask them to give that in writing since all these mechanical parts are definitely covered both is Warranty and EW, they are just lazy sometimes.
  2. Thanks Buddy for the help. I will visit Fiat service station and will replaced the Gear lever.
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    @ N kiran have you replaced ac cooling coil and
    this same type of noise started in my punto also they have removed and rrefit dash many times after that they changed all ac kit ( they thought my ac compressor is faulty and creating noise by giving extra load on engine ) after this noise is gone but now after 2 months same noise is there again :evil: but it does not come always
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Aniket, some part of the AC kit has been changed and I am not sure what. My punto had some hissing noise from the AC vents immediately after my 2nd Service in Dec 2011. I went to the SC the very next day but I couldn't replicate the same as I didnot realise that the sound came when the AC was switched on. I thought the sound was coming from the engine bay and I drove along with the SA with the windows rolled down and without switching on the AC. After driving for couple of months with the same hissing sound, I had to leave India for an on-site job.

My uncle who used my car for one his highway trips found that the AC wasn't cooling at all and had taken the car to the servicing center and got some thing in the AC kit changed under warranty. He lost the bill and I am not sure what exactly was changed. I never bothered to dig into the matter later.

But this sound which I was talking about in the starting post was 2-3 months after the part was changed. I din't realise when the sound vanished on its own and its been more than an year now and I din't find the noise repeat again.
  5. Hi All,

I had given my Punto for servicing. They open the Gear lever and said this sound is not coming from Lever. As per them, due to engine viberation, this strange noise is coming.

But i checked other Punto which was standing in service station, That Kid Kid sound was not coming.

Now they are checking the Dashboard and if this noise does not went off, they will call Engineer form Fiat India.
  6. Hi Friends,

Still the same noise is coming. Once i drive my Punto (diesel) in 3rd gear and speed reaches at 50 Km (After 2.00 RPM), some kid kid noise starts coming from gear leaver and gear box (from the left side of car). FIAT service guys checked and told me that there is no sound and car is OK. Kindly advise. K.M run : 5800.

Second noise is coming when car is standing idle or standing on red light. Suddenly a engine noise get increased.

If any body is facing same kind of issues, kindly help and confirm me the routecouse.

My Views. Buying a FIAT Car = Bigmistake.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @Kiran, I dont want to confuse when I share my experience. It could be anything. I used to get a krr.krr noise similarly when I accelerate in 2nd gear, and that noise used to repeat albeit a little less on the downward too from 3k to 2 k rpm. The tester at Ramkay attributed it to insufficient on demand fuel supply from the HSD on hard acceleration. There was a fuel leak happening at the HSD level but not the oozing type, but fuel vapors were to be found on the HSD pump.

Recently when I gave for service, RDC recommended that I change a couple of O rings to arrest the leak and I agreed though I did not discuss the noise issue with him as I thought it insignificant to warrant a full scale investigation and break my mind on... But I must say that the noise is not there anymore. During this service I did a clutch change too.. So it is still a mystery as to which step I took that resolved the issue. The only dot I am able to connect is the Ramkay testers observation.

As I said at the start, your issue could be anything and these are just pointers.

Abdul
  8. Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the information. Kindly confirm to me that what should i tell Fiat Service Engineer to check in my car so that this sound can be vanished.

Sumit