1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Strange issue with my 2009 1.3 Multijet Emotion pk

Discussion in 'Technical' started by msk_kapoor, Sep 15, 2016.

1. msk_kapoor

msk_kapoor Timido

I had run nearly 54000 kms so far and the problem i am mentioning here started 6 months back.

Beginning of issue

Whenever i drive over pot holes or speed breakers the audio system will switch off for a moment and then it will continue as usual. Happened probably once or twice a week. After a month the frequency increased and the sensors also started giving warning signs for a moment and they will be back to normal (ABS , engine warnings). Sent car to Ramkay fiat Perungudi for First repair and the car came back saying some loose connections behind audio.

Issue becomes Major

Car ran good for a week maximum and the same issues started again. Then Probably after 2 months from the start of entire issue, one day when i was driving suddenly the ac also switched off and came back. Since i was in highways i drove without stopping and in 5 minutes the entire power in the car was out, AC stopped, Power windows stopped working, but the engine was still running, but the vehicle was not responding to throttle inputs. I stopped the car on side and waited for 5 minutes and then restarted and the rest of journey was without issues. Sent car to Ramkay fiat Perungudi for Second repair and the SA sat with me and saw the issues. But they couldn't find any error codes in the scan and hence confused. They kept the car for 3 days and sent it back saying they fixed some loose connections.

The car was fine for a month and then the issue reached next level. The car started switching off while running and will restart immediately with a sudden jerk. The car was sent to Ramkay fiat Perungudi for Third repair and there were new SA's and they started again on the loose connection side. I asked them to clean the wiring in dashboard area completely andthe car ran fine after that for probably 1 or 2 weeks.

Then the whole ordeal is back again now. I dont want to go back to fiat service center now as they made it clear that they dont know what the issue is. Can someone here throw some light on this or any suggestions on why this is happening?
  2. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Timido

Linea 1.3
    That is one really uncanny problem you have.
    How old is your battery.? Check battery mounting, does it shake. Definitely something is acting up in the wiring to the BCM or Fuses/Relays. Check the bends for cracks and see if any rats have damaged the wiring. Please take the trouble to inspect every fuse in the dashboard and in the engine bay. Loose fuses might be overlooked but can give similar problems.

bhai likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    That's some really scary traits @msk_kapoor .
    Take it to some good independent service station . Chennai, I suppose have few.
  4. msk_kapoor

msk_kapoor Timido

I am planning to do the same.

I will definitely try these once. I had a rat damage 2 years back. and i assume there is a chance of a repeat here. i will check the wiring completely once.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

I think BCM would be faulty if battery, alternator is k. You can try by swapping BCM from a working car to check if all k.Ask if service center can cooperate as the part is costly.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016