1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Strange accident damage

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by acechip, Sep 12, 2013.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

I saw a rather strange looking accident damage in the last few days. The car is parked near a police station close by. This one is an SX4, which was banged on the rear by an Indica..the Indica front was badly damaged..but the SX4 boot, axle , C pillar is absolutely smashed..The B-pillar is intact,the front (engine) area and A-pillar are fine. And yet airbags are deployed..:confused:

I was not aware that airbags would be deployed on a rear end collision..
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. Sudden deacclaration can cause airbags to deploy.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Maybe the SX4 was stationary and was rear ended by the speeding (out of control) Indica which may be resulted in maximum rear damage. Due to the impact the air bags sensors must have activated causing the air bags to inflate. I maybe wrong here. It is indeed a strange accident, pics would have helped to understand more. The SX4's boot should have taken the maximum impact without any major damage to the C-pillar.
  4. If the impact was so huge that the car was totally damaged..it could have hit some thing on the front (another car or obstacle)
  5. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    it is stated in the SX4's user manual that air bags won't deploy if it's hit in the back/side.
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not necessary that the airbags get deployed only in a frontal impact. The severity of the impact plays good here. Even if it's a rear impact and the sensor senses a severe impact, it surely is bound to deploy the airbags.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    y5e9ubu9.jpg

Today morning on Gurgaon faridabad road my friend made a video of a burning car. Just curious which car it is..
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :( Looks like a Skoda .. :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Skoda Octavia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.