1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

When oil filter is changed, you need to use 3.2 litres. Not above that. Manual confirms the same. If oil filter is not changed you should use around 200~300ml lesser, not sure about the value.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Still,I don't see any issues when 3.5 ltr with new oil filter. :D .
    My last oil change was with 3.5 Ltr with new oil filter.
    Got a query here, does the quantity differs property of oil Fully synthetic and semi synthetic? My last change was 15w 40 shell helix.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

No, irrespective of the grades the quantity should remain the same. :)

Excessive oil can cause stress on various oil seals, turbocharger and would also froth within the engine thereby reducing lubrication.

You may not see any immediate side effects but it is detrimental in the long run.

Btw, Fiat MJDs require 5W40, which would offer more protection during cold starts than a 15W40 oil.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    15 w 40 is good during the initial start of engine .for first 10 minutes. 5w 40 , yeah for cold starts but i don't see its importance in Indian conditions. For every 6k i change the oil ,though at the end of 15k kms the oil cost remains the same, but with fresh oil.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I checked the oil level today and it is just hovering over max limit. It just shows that putting 3.5L makes no sense at all and FASS is actually fooling the customers and harming the engine.

What can be done here.Draining the excess oil by myself will be too much task to ask.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Renewed the insurance with Royal Sundaram. For IDV 554xxx, 146xx.00 for zero dep with unlimited claim in the period. Buying experience was good. lets see how will be the service when required.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats good news. Even I had a good buying experience with my earlier Fiesta and the service was also good during one claim which I had made. The regional in charge had hislef called to ensure the claim process was smooth. But they do hike the premium steeply next year in case of a claim making it difficult to continue with them.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    An Unfortunate incident:

updating the thread after 6 months and its not a happy one.

While coming from Airport yesterday in ORR, got hit by a stone on windscreen. The screen took a chip in but i think there is no crack, When i run the finger from inside, nothing was felt but from outside, the glass took a hit.
    Really feeling sad but it was just misfortune. Car has done 22K and just butter smooth now.

Questions:

1. Is it necessary to replace? Cost? I hve Zero dep insurance , will it be covered?
    2. Is that glass b repairable? In repairing job, what they basically do?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No worries.
    i too have same kind off damage at the centre of winshield.I'm living with it since last year July 13.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    1. Depends on how serious the hit is. The glass replacement will be covered in zero dep and will be 100% reimbursed.
    2. The glass cant be repaired IMO, it will be replaced directly. The seals will also have to be changed and is covered under zero dep.