1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thanks Kiran
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Completed the 2nd service at Butta automotive in in Hyd.

The experience was terrible. I took prior appointment and reached there before 9(opening time). Slowly the officials turned up and at around 10.30 they put my car on the working area. Apart from usual stuff from the manual, parking and brake light replacement and charger fuse replacement was reported.

I have earlier replaced the combination switch assembly due to a manufacturing defect and they were very helpful at that time, but I noticed the light switches gone little lose after replacing, so I asked them to look at at it and if require then replace as this is covered under warranty. To my surprise, they told this must be broken so will not cover the warranty. They did not even open that and giving me this kind of explanation was not convincing at all. Anyway I ignored it for the time being and concentrated on the 2nd service.

by 1 they have done the filter replacement and engine oil drain and replace. but then it took them another 1.30 hr to finish the simple bulb and fuse replacement. From 9-2.30 I have spent good 5.30 hrs already. They topped the coolant with simple water and filled the windscreen water though I did not ask for it. The manual says that coolant should be a mixture of 40-60 coolant and water. So topping just with water I did not understand.

Anyway, then the bill came. To my surprise, the engine oil they charged for 3.5 L, when I notified about 3.2 L they said when you are doing a filter change then it requires 3.5L. They are doing this for all cars as they showed me other bills. I am confused here. Anyone? :confused

Just when I was going to pay, I noticed the millage is noted as 6xxx which was when I replaced the combination switch. I asked them and then they came up with really complicated answers. I said just replace the millage and print it out. What I found out that they did not close the previous ticket last time. So the parts department saw an open ticket and put everything on that. But I was not in a mood to accept that because they might come up with some warranty issues later on when required. They trued to convince me hard to take that on estimated bill and they will send the final bill by email. I just could not trust those guys. What they need to do was to remove the 2nd service parts from the old bill and close it and open a new ticket and put that there.

To complete this task they took 3.5 hours and Finally I was out at 6. What a terrible customer service and inefficient management. I don't know how I kept my cool, may be lost all hope pn them when nothing to expect.

So the question here, are they right about charging 3.5L of engine Oil? Any inputs?
    They are telling that combination switch is broken without opening it. Well it is functional right now and I have noticed that loose part right after it was replaced. My bad I did not noticed that hard that time. But can they claim that it will be not covered under warranty. Can I escalate the issue here?

On top of all this, they are really cocky this time with full of attitude. The service adviser name Bala is quite useless. I hope Fiat gives Hyd's another option for servicing very soon.
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Has Anyone got charged for 3.5L engine oil for oil change?
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I do charged with 3.5L in my 3rd services and i simply call that SA and asked him that if my engine capacity got increased during 3rd service or what :firey . And, then i showed him the FIAT manual booklet too and i simply asked him to come up with the modified bill or i do wanna talk to your seniors on it :firey.

After 15 minutes i got another bill which mentioned 3.2L and charges accordingly:cool:
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Seems like this is a common practice amongst many dealers including RDC and Ramkay where I have experienced the same. Cheap way of making quick couple of 100 bucks!
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In fact, i saved around Rs. 1100 by going through the bill details and comparing with the previous bills.

They might give a chance like they are used to do during their TATA-FIAT JV and Fiat lovers has to be on mercy of TATA's :)
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Actually i checked with the guy who was putting the engine oil in my car, it was 3.5L as the marking in the big jug of oil showed. if the that is the case then will it cause any harm to engine then? seriously couple of hundreds and they can do anything to get it.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If 3.5L were indeed filled, it will cause harm for sure. Over filling is worser than under filling. Get the level checked and drain if necessary.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't see any issues when 3.5 ltr with new oil filter.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk