1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    looks like rains have taken a toll on this road. In dry seasons, it is certainly not so bad and pretty much do-able!
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Depends how much they repair after the monsoon. Even if the roads are dry, its horrendous because while coming back we were crawling 20-30 too but at least can guess how deep are the pot holes. Toll on a unfinished road just baffles me.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    are you sure? it usually is not like that. we pay toll for the road we have already driven on and not for the one we are going to drive ahead! you might be mistaken
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India

Not at all mistaken at least here. I asked the toll booth counter and gave him a piece of mind for taking toll for that kind of road. The problem is the broken road are in intervals and they placed the toll booths on the good patches. So you pay the toll, drive 2 -3 kms(sometimes 10-15 kms) thinking good, and hit rock bottom. I paid Pipparwada Village Toll 60 and within 10 kms bad road starts and continues that for 20 kms :uh so Rs. 60 for 10-15km does not makes any sense at all. Then reached the next toll and asked the guy, he said agee ke road achhe hai is liye toll..

Then another 5-10 kms good road, and again you are stuck with that. That 30,65,50 should not be there at all in MH side.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    The car is approaching 10K and couple of things are in my mind

1. When to change the engine oil. Should I change near or 10K or wait till 2nd service of 15K as Fiat recommended.
    2. one of the sidelight bulb gone bad, Can i get from external shop and change it by myself. I can open the assembly without much fuss. Or visit Butta :confused1 again for this.

For the oil change, is it advisable to move to Synthetic now or wait till 15-20K? Can I do it from outside or it will be bad for warranty issue just to avoid Butta.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    10000 KM Update

My car just crossed 10K yesterday and is running happily as expected. It took 8 Months to complete that.

The engine feels more refined now. Easy to rev. FE has also increased by 1 kmpl from last 1000KM. Constantly getting 15+ in city with 60-70% AC. One minor niggle is blown out side rear bulb, have to replace that. Only upgrade was done is ICE and result has been terrific.

Beauty Marks: Thanks to bikes in Hyd, one in front and one in back bumper scratches. It was hard to take for 1st time, but got used to it. Most harm done by a Cyclist who brushed the cycle handle against door, causing permanent harm to paint and minor dent. :(

Due to my fault, the car also had scratch and dent under the side skirt area while taking the U-turn, misjudged the divider. :sad1 Its not noticeable easily but looking down under, its quite some bend. I dont know whether to fix it or not.

Overall, i couldn't be any more happier in any other car. Thank you Fiat for making this car with Time less design.

Cheers.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Since you are already at 10K, do not change oil now since it will have to be flushed at 15k again for the scheduled service. Go ahead and get it serviced at around 13-14k.

What is side light :confused:. Go ahead and change it urself if you can. No need to buy at FASS.

U can go with Synthetic oil but get that done next time. If you plan to change oil, get it changed around 7-7.5 k kms after scheduled service. I think of changing oil between the service schedule each time but kms fly by so fast on my car that my 15k kms come every 4-5 months and it is easy to forget when the interval is so short.
    1 person likes this.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    2nd Service Planned

The car is nearing 1 year and 2nd free service is planned this weekend. Looking at the manual and forum I have noted following things to take care of.

1. Engine Oil Change: It should be flushed and refilled not like a top up. Usually 3.2L
    2. Oil Filter replace
    3. Fuel Filter replace
    4. Air Filter: Should it be cleaned or replace?
    5. Pollen Filter : clean or replace?
    6. Wheel Alignment and balancing: FASS is charging for it.

Apart from it the car has following problems to take care of

1. Charging socket does not work, the light works but the socket does not: Should be replaced, I assume its covered under warranty
    2. parking left rear lights gone bad, first it was right, then I replaced, now the left one gave up: Have to pay for the bulb
    3. Wiper blades: Is it covered under warranty?
    4. Service schedule reminder reset

Apart from it Have to check:

All fuel level
    Break pad wear and tear
    Suspension inspection for any wear and tear and bends

I guess there should not be any labor charges for doing these things.

Please guide me if I am missing anything.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think Wheel Alignment & Balancing can be done at outside. I am sure that it would be costlier at FASS.
    BTW Airfilter & Pollen filter need to be replaced.
    There shoudnot be any labor charges.
    1 person likes this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My answers in bold.

1 person likes this.