1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hey rudresh I saw just now that you have a dynamic model,go for the first phase and later you can throw off the hu aswell, this is seriously not meant for high bassy setup.
    You can just go for the component for the front,and buy a good HU(you will save some money by not buying the converter which you will be needing if you are retaini g the oem hu), and feel the difference.a budget of 12-13k will be decent enough for the two(you can sell off the oem hu, this will help you to stretch the budget for first phase installation)
    yes the sizes for the front and rear coax speakers are correct.
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thing is to get the best price from the dealer. I have been to Xenex Madhapur. Lot of cars come there for ICE.

Kiran, Hurricane,

where did you guys went for recent ICE upgrade?
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I have got it from Abhishek motors or something. Apparently they were the accessories guys for Tejaswi earlier and dealers of JBL. They also have other brands.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I am finding difficult to source 6.5" RF components. I am getting 6" options mainly.

Can it be installed in the front door? because Front door takes 6.5? apologies if this sounds noobish. :confused:
  5. Rockford fosgate 16 s prime series is 6'', see if you can source r162s(discontinued model) is 6.5'' and would fit directly.0
    Otherwise you can get 6''only fitted, maybe drill holes and add a holder for the speakers.Shouldnt be a problem just make sure the job they do is neat.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    ICE upgrade completed.

Front: JBL 609C 360W components
    Rear: JBL CS 5 105W 5.25" Co ax.

Total: 7500/- including 2 spacer rings. I kept the twitter level at -3db

Job was reasonably good. Though its a great upgrade over stock, I am wish some of the things were little better.

1. Clarity: Though the mid range is very good, the clarity and the punch I felt could have been better. May be an amplifier is required.

2. Bass: Average with this set up. Bass need not to be booming, but has to be clear.

Some of the songs sound awesome, and some of are little better than stock. So far I go by the rule, " You get what you pay for" . One piece of ROckford Fosgate Prime R1652 S was available on similar price but was 2010 make. Don't know whether made the correct choice or not.

Next Up is 4 Ch amplifier.
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    this Monsson season is taking a toll on my beauty. The deep potholes filled with water keeps me wonder how deep are they and sometimes they are just unavoidable. What the hell hyd authorities are doing. :sad1:confused

Managing to scrape the underbody, specially front bumper here and there and making me sad to see paints under the body is taking a hit. :-( what kind of road they make that they can stand a single monsson :punch:uh
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    My car is ready for first Highway drive tomorrow to Nagpur from hyd. So 500 Kms one way will keep the horse happy. Hope everything will go well. :)
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just dont keep happy,abuse her ;) .
    Do some harsh drive so that clogged lungs will get cleared :D

Have safe drive
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Came back last night from a trip Hyd-Nagpur-Hyd. Took the way NH7. One piece of advice, DON'T DO IT.

Road Report: Till AP border, road is fantastic. looked like AP Govt and NHAI are working together to maintain the orad and it was a breeze and fun to drive. Steady maintaining 120/140 kmph is easy. I was enjoying the view and drive both. Do expect cows, buffeloes and goats on road.

After you cross Pipparwada Village Toll(~326km from Hyd), say about in 10-15 kms the bad roads starts. The roads are so horrible that it will be miracle if our car didn't scratch under body. The construction work is going on at snails pace. The rain and big crater like potholes will keep you wondering about which way to go. Only one of the way is open, means, up and down traffic are forced to go through this road and everyone is fighting for some plain(unsubmerged) part to go through. of course if you have a SUV then you will care less. This continues till Hinganghat(about 70 kms from Nagpur). This patch of 100 off kms, I managed 5 under body scratches, 2 under front bumper scratches(just could not judge unavoidable water filled potholes). I was doing merely 20-30 during this stretch.

Now in Hinganghat, there is a rail crossing to pass, they are making a over bridge but dont expect that to finish in 1-2 years. That rail crossing takes sweet 30-45 mins if everything goes well. We had even better luck, due to heavy rainfall, some of the rail tracks are submerged, so one goods train stopped totally blocking the crossing. So after waiting for 30 mins there wondering what to do, took help from locals, there is another overbridge over the track which goes through the town, but narrow. Then one man with a cycle came to my rescue as he showed me the way through the narrow lanes, markets and almost brushing with some walls of the houses in to the NH7. A big thanks to him. took another 30mins to do so. While returning, I was prepared, so promtly asked for help from the locals, this times, it was a biker who came to the rescue. The GPS was totally lost.

While returning another bad luck, near Nizamabad, locals blocked the road due to an accident and they were fighting on road. So took a detour through Nizamabad with a help of another car which costed one hour extra. Its around 50Kms.

So avoid taking your car in this road, a big thumbs down to MH Govt. Just useless. How can a NH be like this and charge toll for this kind of road.

Hyd to NGP:

Time door to door: 9.30 hrs (2 10 mins breaks, 1 hrs loss at Hinganghat )
    Avg Speed: 59 , was 85 till AP border
    Distance: 510Kms
    FE: 17.8 70%AC

Nagpur - Hyd

Time: 10 hours (good 1 hr loss due to detour,nd raining in AP which limited speed 90-100 at night)
    Avg Speed: 56
    FE: 18.3 80% AC

toll = 480, Hyd-Ngp in this order (AP:110,55,30,60)(MH:30,65,50,80) MH part does not deserve the toll apart from the last Rs.80

If that rough patch is gone, this can be done is 6.5 hours easily. So I basically drove 20 odd hours in 45 hours of total trip. The car behaved without a glitch for the entire trip. One thing I found out that Stock Headlight is just not adequate fro highways. The punny JK's withstood all the abuse from the road. :)
    2 people like this.