1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thanks Kiran. Should I get Spoilers fitted before the servicing or after? Suggestions?
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    @Rudresh,

It purely boils down to personal preference. I don't think it matters if you fit the spoiler before or after the service. If I were you, I'd have done it after the service.

Regarding the scratches, why don't you post a pic so that we get a better idea.

"Scratches and dents are quite common and unavoidable in Hyderabad Traffic conditions. You need not move your vehicle and the fellow commuters will do the needful (from my personal experience)."

As Boss Kiran rightly said above, it happens all the time and I too paid a price for that. Not once but twice. Imagine my frustration.

I do agree with Kiran to some extent that local dent and paint job shops fare better when compared to TASS. If you know someone good enough then go for it.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Completed 5000 kms. Service is due but no time. Have to do some paint work on bumpers. New Fiat service Center on Rd#45 should be up and running now.

Photo0054_001.jpg
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Need suggestions,..

I am going out of station for 15 days. So the car will be sitting the garage. I am fearing that Battery might drain out and car may not start after I come back.

What should I do? I am thinking to give the Keys to watchman and ask him to start for 5-10 mins every 3-4 days.

or any suggestions. :confused
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No Need, AS my Punto is left idle for 45 days every year,when my parents visit me to kuwait and my brothers place in Dubai, They just cover the car that's it.

And when back, the Punto is started in a First attempt itself...
    1 person likes this.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too left my punto ideal for 15 days when i went to my home town. Started with first try so no worries.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    1st Service Update

Got an appointment in Butta Automotive on 18th May, booking it advance by 10 days. They are the only authorized service center in AP now! and can only handle 7-8 cars simultaneously. There was a big chaos outside where police came and put locks in 5 cars waiting outside on side of the road. The management is pathetic as I understand they need to take care of the customers for any inconvenience. From where they got this idea that a service center should be open on that busy road near an intersection:confused. One owner got in to argument with the police :punchalso and one police was ready with a handycam to record everything :evilsmile.

Anyway after reaching there at scheduled time, it took me 30 mins to get the car inside the service station with a job card. Now the waiting period starts.

Reported Issues

1. Indicator does not come to default position after wheel straighten ups.
    2. Wheel alignment scheduled
    3. Interior panel from C-pillar falling of due to a loose clip
    4. Drivers door needs a bang to close.
    5. Some Paint work on bumper.

1. Not completed due to no parts :oops: told me that they ordered the part but thats not even available in warehouse. :eek: Have to check them after 7 days.
    2. Not done due to alignment machines are not working yet. Told me I can get it done outside and informing them will entry in the system for warranty issues. Or come back after 10 days
    3. Completed
    4. Completed
    5. Asked 2500/-, I said NO.
    6. Usual oil level checks and air filter were cleaned. Got the coolant top up.

To complete this job it took me 4 hours :hit They hardly worked on my car for 30 mins. Its not like they were busy with other cars all the time. Most of the time they occupy themselves in arranging the cars in the Service area due to lack of space.

Met lot of Fiat owners who are not a part of TFI. All have only one problem of servicing. Saw Prabhakar's car there with engine area completely opened up.

I can see some dedicated guys there as Kishor or Raju but they are just not equipped with proper facilities. I think its a big mistake to open a service station in that area. Overall average experience. I wish they speeds up their work and have the parts available. Mine was a minor part but I can imagine for the guys who need very important parts to be replaced in emergency.

Suggestion needed:

Should I go ahead with Wheel alignment from outside like Xenex and inform them or wait for them. :anyone
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Done Wheel alignment and balancing in Xenex Madhapur as FASS is too lazy keep their system running. Damage Rs.500

I would say above average job. My car was drifting left before alignment but now I feel its drifting right :eek: Have to check thoroughly though.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Remove the tires and refit it again,if the problem still exists then swap front tires.
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Time has come to change the speakers as I have almost reached the patience limit with Stock Speakers. The biggest concern is the expense. So I plan to do step by step.

1 Change the Speakers : all 4, Components front, Co-ax rear, no Parcel tray fitting.

2. Add Amp and Sub(if req at that time) with Damping

3. Change HU.

So first step is the imp step here. I thought about Rockford Fosgate or JBL. Budget is strictly ~10K for 2 pairs. (one comp, one co-ax),
    I need to know the diameter that the doors can handle. I blv its 6.5 front, 5.5 rear. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am in for punchy bass with clarity. I have been pampered by Bose in my previous car. So expectations are high fro clarity. So suggestions guys. Any set up that will fullfill the needs.