1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi RUDRESH,congrats on your new found love.
    Hope the sound is nothing serious & will be rectified easily by the ass.
    Wish you happy milemunching.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Yes resolved the sound. But some sad news,

one stupid cyclist banged behind my beauty while in signal. Tire marks on bumper which can be removed in 3M cares, but the cycle handle had an impact in my side door. scratch on the paint and little dent too.. paint might be retouched, but dent. I cant stop thinking about this for last 4 days. :(
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Just leave it like that. I know it hurts every time you see it. But at the least, it can ward off evil stares!
    The first few months are when one gets most of these minor sctratches and dents, especially if you drive in the city. Even my Punto has a minor dent at the left rear caused by an auto about two years back.
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Got My Extended warranty card today. Its National Insurance and tie up with Europ Assistance.

They service station in Hyd will take another 2 months. So we are looking at end of March. They got the equipment for that.
  6. The long 1st and 2nd gears are typical for FIAT. I had the same feel in my previous Palio 1.2 Petrol as well. The only way to overcome this is to keep the revv high, i would say atleast around 1500rpm for MJD. You would have also noticed that the engine rpm never goes down either on a low rpm pullover on an incline. The engine is tuned that way and I still dont understand why FIAT tunes the engine like this. :confused1

Try keeping the lowbeam focus in the highest position and use it along with the fog lamps. Keep in mind that it would be annoying for oncomers if you ever put a High beam.

Dont bother too much about that. Take it as a blessing mark of the almighty. Drive safe and God bless.
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    The car is about to complete 5K and 1st service will be due in 2 weeks. I need suggestions for what to check, what to change, Please Help.

I checked for engine oil couple of days back and it does look dark- while normal I suppose. I also have 2 paint jobs to be completed. One in LR door and one front left bumper. One stupid motor cycle hit me from left while he was maneuvering in traffic to go from extreme left lane to extreme right lane to take a right turn in signal. IDIOT :hit. paint peeled off like scratches of nails. I hope it will get touched up. but doubtful abut the color shade of white from the TASS.

There is also problem in left side C-pillar inside where plastic covers over boot space. The inside clip seems got broken and it keeps come off. It started just 15 days after delivery itself. Did not bothered about it so far. But will get it fixed. Is it chargeable for the parts or will be under warranty?

Apart from these issues, the white Stallion is running superbly. Puts more smiles every time I Drive.

Thinking to paint ORVM to paint red and add a aftermarket rear spoiler. Need Kiran's help to source and suggestion on these.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @ Rudresh: 1st service is for general check-up and top-up of fluids. Also, they would try to resolve any issues that you have been facing so far. Donot expect anything more from them. And yes, please avoid getting the Wheel balancing and Alignment done from them. Go to Stunnerz at Kavuri Hills (should be close to your workplace) and get the wheel balancing and alignment done. Mention any alignment issues (left pulling) specifically and get them resolved aswell.

Even new Engine oil becomes black as soon as you run for few kms. Do not bother about the oil yet. It should last till your car completes 15,000 kms. Though getting the same replaced at 7,500 - 10,000kms is suggestable. At the end of the day, its your call.

Scratches and dents are quite common and unavoidable in Hyderabad Traffic conditions. You need not move your vehicle and the fellow commuters will do the needful (from my personal experience).

Colour mismatch is always an issue. Be it at the TASS or any other painter outside, one cannot guarantee it. And given the attitude of us Fiatians, we are never satisfied for anything less than perfect for our cars.

TASS would definitely suggest you to get the whole door and the bumper repainted and will ask you to claim insurance.
    Since you are planning to get the OVRMs painted too, go to a good local painter and get both the jobs done. Even if you have to get the whole door and bumper painted along, it would not cost more than 50% of what TASS might quote you.

I would say, go for aftermarket spoiler as the one I have got. This is a clip-on type and does not need any drilling as opposed by the OEM spoiler. You can remove it whenever you want. And the spoiler comes pre-painted (expect a mis-match here). Also costs around 2500 Rs. where as the OEM costs 4900 Rs. + painting charges.

Get the OVRMs painted in red, get a red spoiler and if possible try the Abarth stripes on either side in red. Your ride will look hotter than the upcomming summer.

Edit: Got to know from Tejaswi that their Exclusive Service center will be operational from 01st April. So, your car would be one of the first few to get serviced from them.
    2 people like this.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thanks Kiran, I called Tejaswi today. 1st April is tentative and it can happen in anytime 1st week. They are planning to call all customers in the inauguration.

Yes, I am looking for after market spoilers only. let me know where I can source them in Hyd. About the paint on the scratches, I will see their suggestions. No way I am painting the whole. It can only be touch up.
    Thanks for clearing the doubts over Oil change. Do I need to change any filters?
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I bought my spoiler from Stunnerz at Minister Road, Begumpet. I sent one through courier to Kedarbendre too.

If you are not comfortable with the TASS doing the paint job, let me know.

Filters need not be changed yet, but if possible get the Air filter cleaned with compressed air. Hardly a 10 min job.
    1 person likes this.