1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of My White Stallion : Punto 1.3 Multijet Dynamic Ownership Thread

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rudresh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    The White Stallion is finally home since 2 days and I decided to start the ownership thread. I drove almost 100 kms so far. Here is the initial experiences

What I liked

Stunning looks, stands out easily in the crowd
    Very mature and confidence inspiring handling. I can take the high speed corners confidently.
    Don't have worry much for the potholes, suspensions does a really good job
    Engine noise is lower than I expected
    Not that crap speakers that I heard from others. I can live with it for now
    AC is chilling
    Confident breaking
    and many other things

What I don't like

1. Power delivery in 1st and 2nd. Its very uninspiring. The car refused to pull in steep roads in low revs :(
    2. The turning switches sometimes refused to come back to normal position even after straightening the wheels. may be the cuts are for bigger turnings???:confused
    3. Low beam spread is inadequate. I hate high beams but low beam just does not get my job done. Headlamp upgrade?? :?:

Overall very happy with the car, already in office, everyone asking for a TD but I won't let them touch it :mischievous . Looking forward to take it to highway but not confident that If the engine is ready for high revs or not. Any suggestions. I might have take the car to factory visit and that needs highway driving. Don't know what to do.

Now some sad part:sadblue

The priest who was doing the puja applied the Haldi on the bonnet and some yellow marks are refusing to go away after simple wash with water. Its very minute but bothering me. I feel like killing the person. :hit I went to 3M car care and showed, they suggested the paint care which has some scrubbing and touch up which is generally done on a older car. I am not sure to do this on a new car. And also he is not confident that whether it will remove the mark completely or not. He assured me that he will start with a small part, if he cannot remove it then he will switch to normal paint protection and that can save ~1500. Its not about this money but the yellowmarks. I returned with a heavy heart to ask here for suggestions. please suggest. :anyone Should I do a normal paint protection and live with it or lose 4-5 micron paint all over the body of a new car.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please do post some pictures, that will make report much interesting.

This is true, though this will improve with few thousands drive, but don't accept much. BTW by that time you will be adjusted to this :).
    Check it properly, I never felt that its requires long turning to come back to normal position.
    But recently same issue is reported, do check this - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrical-systems/8449-turn-indicator-problem.html
    I hope you have Fog Lamp, right? Do check the headlamp settings, to keep it on 0 or 1 postion.
    I never felt that low beam is inadequate in my Punto, in city, specially with fog lamp it was quite good.
    I upgraded to Philips X-treme Vision, that gives better lower beam light, high beam is similar to OE.

Regarding paint, do try to wash few times with some good car wash shampoo, and see if it helps.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You may feel it inadequate but it will be helping your opposite vehicle to see clearly. As Ravi mentioned use fog lamb if required for better vision. It also give better wide coverage.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Rudresh, Firstly congratulation on the ride and wishing you a lot of happy miles.

Regarding your queries,
    1. you will get adjusted to this, as did i :evilsmile
    2. I have never felt such an issue, good to verify few more times and get it checked
    3. I agree with Ravi on this part, i feel low beam is adequate in city. However for highway drives you can use the fog lamps in comibination and this would solve your issue. But you can also try the upgrade as in Ravi's case.

For the Haldi on the bonnet, it should go off after a few washes with a good car wash shampoo (like one from meguiar's).
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Yes thats for sure and I always try to help the opposite car because If he is safe behind wheels, I have better chance to be safe too. I use fog lamps too. But the spread in the low beam vertically is shorter than my liking.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks,

I also thought the same, I am not fond of scrubbing on new paint. I will take my chance here. otherwise its my luck.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ravi, I will check that today. I do use fog lamps at night all the time. I will depend on my luck for the haldi spots.
    1 person likes this.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Adding some images. But this beauty deserves better photoshoot which will be done later

DSC_0110-2.jpg DSC_0156-2.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ravi, Adjusting the light height helped. set those to 0. Any recommendation for good car shampoo?
    6 people like this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I use Sonax car shampoo. They have two types - Regular and Gloss shine. Am happy with Sonax products. People do have good opinion about Amway car products as well
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Do upgrade the head Light to Philips HID P8, No Cutting of wire required. Just plug in n play....
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I have a question here. I wanted the sales receipt with all the detail of the deal from dealer. They are saying that they will give only to companies. I do not understand this. Though I have the receipt of the money I gave but Sales receipt is a pretty common thing regarding any sale. Please help.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you mean the final Invoice ???