1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story Of My second marriage: FIAT Punto 90hp Sport Ownership Story

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by XLR8er, Jan 30, 2014.

1. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes kedar I will. I proabably will do my 1st service between 4.5k - 5k kilometers.:-D
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Are you nearing your 90hp's first service? I have taken an appointment of 26th this month for 1st service of my TJet.
  3. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No sir, Punto has done only 2000 odd kms. But it will reach there. soon.:-D.
  4. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Chapter 1: How it started

Note: It’s been hectic few months in college so couldn't update the thread. sincere apologies. Keeping this post with no photos. Just a plain article. No distraction.

I was around 3 or 4 when I started to understand what a car and bike is. I still remember how I got hooked to these machines. I first became closer to bikes and cars when I played “Need For Speed 2” and “Road Rash”. Those games were so realistic ( At that time of course) that I could feel like actually driving them.:)

We didn't have a car or even a bike back then. But I was fascinated. I could run around all day pretending that I was driving a car. And While turning I actually used to make a steering action. I Public transport was the best thing back then. When I could stand on the rear faced seats on the front and Imagine that I was actually driving the bus. Magical it was!;)

Then I became older. Well, that crazy kid for the wheels remained the same though. First my dad’s Splendor came. Then My bicycle followed. I could Rom around on her all day long. As I finished my school and joined college. I started dreaming about bikes. But I couldn't get it until I became 18 thanks to my dad ( And he was damn right about it). I got so close to my bike I just can’t describe it here. Well, I guess I am boring you with this. Let’s move to the cars shall we? I was urging my dad to get car for past 2 years. And one day out of the blue, he decides “Let’s hunt for a car huh?”. Well I must tell you the reason of it or I will not be remaining to my love about automobiles.

Being a family of three, My mum dad and myself. Two bikes were enough. But I was saying to parents that I don’t want you both to travel on bike anymore. You get it right! Our roads aren't exactly safe. That’s my reason though. But Let’s move to my dad’s. Its funny how our society works. “A man is judged on what he has rather than what he is”. My dad was caught up in the same situation. Some relatives are babbling and showing off about their cars and treated others bad. Who didn't have four wheels. Dad felt bad, and he said mayur (My pet name) we should get a car. But I said, “a car doesn't define you dad. It’s just a car”. “No mayur, its not about that, I know how mad you are about cars, and I am gonna get on for my son, for my family “. Well I am telling you the best example of what you should give to your son. But trust me. I can’t just get my car out whenever I want. Only when My parents allow. And that’s fine I guess.

Well, in this chapter I wanted to tell you about our decision. I am thankful to my parents especially my dad for everything. Not because he got a car. But because of the kind of man he is. A good man. And I will try to be one too. :p I hope It wasn't too long, or boring. The next chapter will see my affair with Punto. Till then Adios! Thanks a ton for reading.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar even i decided of following 10 K service interval , but the SA at FASS told by doing so your warranty may lapse.. is it so... as this may build a huge gap between company specified intervals of servicing and if we do at interval of 10K servicing on a long run
    1 person likes this.
  6. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Chapter One: The Inception of Motoring.

My affair with motors started at a very small age, right from the toy cars. I remember me running around with my hands positioned like they are on a steering. When I had to turn, I would rotate that imaginary steering. This used to happen all day long. I did not realize when the fascination turns into passion.

While growing up, I used to drool at other cars on the streets as we did not have one. I think that happened for the best. You realize the importance of something when you are away from them. So being distance away from cars and bikes, It made me love them even more. The feeling grew stronger and stronger as days went by. I was famous in my family for recognizing cars and bikes by their lights. So much for the “free tech support you give to your relatives” Engineers will exactly know what I am talking about.

Then Finally I started and drove a car for the first time. I cant describe the feeling exactly. But I was home. Everything was familiar.

Chapter Two: The FIATian is made.

Universe has its own ways to make things right. At the right time. In may ’13 I met our member ‘Kedar Bendre aka Punter’ throughwww.motorbeam.com meet. That was the first time I had ever been this close to a FIAT. And first time I have ever driven one (Kedar’s Punto). It was something different totally. Not like our usual Hyundai’s and Suzuki’s. But something much better. I couldn’t tell what was it at that moment.

?temp_hash=068806e9de65f7151b80d46a2b50bfad

Kedar's Punto. at Motorbeam meet.

Those Mean Eyes

My Dazzler standing in style.

Few months later. Our family finally decided to purchase a car. I don’t know If it was influential or what. But Punto was in top among few cars my parents had suggested.

Cars into Consideration:
    Parents’ suggestion :
    Suzuki Swift , Ford Figo, Tata Vista.

My suggestion:
    FIAT Punto.
    FIAT Linea.
    Ford Fiesta (classic).

Cars which I ruled out.

Suzuki swift: I did not like the design. Too common. I kinda always had ran away from Suzuki.
    Ford Figo: Too simple for my test.
    Tata Vista: No thanks.
    Ford Fiesta (classic): Too simple like Figo. It could not set my heart on fire.
    FIAT Linea: It was out of the budget.

Final Decision:

FIAT Punto: Wanted this from the start. Was just looking for reasons to reject others.

Finally in December 2013. We decided to go for Punto. Dad wanted to go for 75HP emotion. But I convinced him that anyway we are spending this much. Why regret it afterwards. Went to Pandit auto with Kedar. To my surprise, Punto Sport was available without the sports kit. Instantly paid the booking amount and went out of the showroom happily. The good things happened is that, I had to pay 7,55,***/- INR for 90HP sports. Got almost 80,000/- discount on the Sep ’13 manufactured car. Cool.gif

NOTE: This you all must have experienced while purchasing a FIAT. All the friends and family be like. Why FIAT? Swift accha hein. FIAT no resale value. Get a WagonR CNG. Etc. smiley-finger007.gif But “Heart wants what the heart wants”.

Chapter Three : The period between the booking and the delivery.

This is the one of the most patient phases of my life. Right from the booking to the D- day I could not sleep properly. How could I? Before the D-day, one more thing was left to do. Pre-registration PDI. Endless calls to the workshop and the showroom. I had opportunity to see my ‘Felicity’ (that’s what I call her).I Was waiting at the Pandit Auto workshop in Bawdhan. And finally the moment came.

I heard a voice, “Sir your car is ready for PDI”. With small steps I started walking. I could hear my heart racing. The beats were dancing high and high. And the moment I laid eyes on my Felicity. It was true love all over again. redface.png Right now I am writing this article with Goosebumps all the way. How something can be so beautiful as this. I was awestruck. No words from mouth. Just the sound of silence. For moment I though, “Forget Registration, I wanna take her home right away”.

The First Ever Pic of Felicity. italyflag.gif

I got the PDI done. Documents signed properly and the car was ready for registration. I could not sit into the car. Something was stopping me. A friend of mine checked the interiors and other stuff. After that I left from there heavy hearted. Counting the days till delivery.

Chapter Four: The D-Day.

I could not sleep at all. My baby was coming home. And I could not wait to welcome her. The time was running slow or that’s what I felt. The Sun Finally came up. Everything was perfect. I took the bus to showroom. Probably one of the happiest bus rides of my life. I reached there. Again I felt something in pit of my stomach. I was nervous. Heartbeats in the top gear. Completed all the formalities.

Meanwhile they parked the car in front of the showroom door. Prepping for Pooja. I turned around and first thing I saw is the beautiful eyes. I could stare at the car all day long. I felt something cold and humid in my eyes. They were tears of joy. I finally could call some car my own. First car in the family. I could not run away from those emotions.

Dad Carrying out the Pooja.

All set and ready to Roll.

With ease and care. I started the car, and started rolling. To describe that feeling, you close your eyes and remember the moment when you first touched steering of your own car. That’s exactly what I felt. Just heaven it was. Pure heaven. biggrin.gif Carefully got my car home. My mum did the Pooja. And three of us ( Me and my parents) went outside to have food. ( small drive was the motive, not food). In coming days Felicity taught me a lot. I must say FIAT is very forgiving car. It makes you a better driver. And my affair with my car had officially begun. Stick to the thread for next issue. Till then Adios’ Cheering.gif

TO BE CONTINUED………

IMG-20130525-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20130525-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20130525-WA0006.jpg

IMG_20140106_152523.jpg

IMG_20140106_152547.jpg

IMG_20140106_153240.jpg

IMG_20140106_154752.jpg

IMG_20140106_160314.jpg

IMG_20140116_140740.jpg

IMG_20140116_142607.jpg

IMG_20140116_143341.jpg

IMG_20140116_142916.jpg

IMG_20140305_183609.jpg
    Ravi_M, Deepak, pabhishek and 3 others like this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very nicey written ritu. It is very difficult to put the experience in words. and you knitted it nicely. Kudos!!

Wish you and your felicity a happy married life :-D
    XLR8er likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very well written Ritu.

Take care & drive safe.
    XLR8er likes this.
  9. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Very well written Ritu, wish you many more happy miles with Felicity
  10. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks alot channa sir.

thanks a ton.
    thanks a ton brother. for everything.

hoping to update next chapters pretty soon. :)