1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of Bajaj Super Upgrade (3 port w/o Reed Valve ) 1998

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by bhai, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>I am hardcore fan of Scooter.We had Bajaj Super Scooter of 1988 (C.B. Point Ignition)
    As the scooter became old we sold it in 1998.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    After selling old Bajaj Super, my father purchased new Scooter Bajaj Super Upgrade
    (3 port W/o Reed Valve) on 14-11-1998.
    After some days I found that scooter is not responsive. It has problem has same like my topic “Loss of Power”.
    One of authorized service dealer of Bajaj Auto near of my home told me that it is due to faulty clutch system. So I visited to the dealer & got replaced Clutch Assly.in warrantee claim.
    But problem not solved. After that I never visited to the dealer. I used to do regular service of my Bajaj Scooter to the ASS of Bajaj near of my home. I tried many ways. One of my friend owns Bajaj Super Excel . I compared my scooter with his Super Excel. My friend’s excel was powerful,torqy,responsive & rev happy. But mine was not. So I was very disturbed.
    So from 1998 to July 2011 in 13 years I done huge expenditure on it to solve the problem of my Bajaj Super.
    From 1999 to July 2011 , in 20000 km use, in 12 years I overhauled the engine of scooter for 10 times. :eek::eek:
    On each overhaul, I replaced Cly.Block Piston,engine bearings & crankshaft also.
    But all in vein.
    I done last overhaul of engine in Jan.2011. At that time I replaced complete engine Crankcase,Crankshaft, engine bearings, Block Piston,Carburettor,Stator Assly. :eek::eek::eek:

Still scooter was giving problem of low torque , poor pick-up,abnormal idling & total loss of power.
    I made complete new engine of my scooter. But still I could not get proper performance. The mechanic who runs the service centre of Bajaj has 30 experience of service in Bajaj Auto. But he was also unable to find the cause.

After doing all trial & error, I started to feel that myself has perception problem that my scooter is faulty.:thumbs down:A
    Then one day I had an idea.

Before purchase of new scooter in 1998,I had purchased a new Rotor (Magneto) of Bajaj Super (C.B. Point Ignition) of model 1988.
    I just replaced the magneto of my scooter with the magneto of old model scooter (Magneto of scooter with C.B.Point Ignition) and started scooter & took TD.
    And voila Scooter started to run with blasting throttle response. :wow

Scooter started to give instant throttle response, strong mid range, powerful torque, excellent low end torque, & engine became rev happy like 4 stroke bike. :dancing:redcar

The owner having experience 30 years of working in Bajaj Auto he also surprised by seeing performance of scooter.
    Friends ! This is a interesting story of my Bajaj Super.
    I got Grand success after 13 year insane hardwork and brain exercise.

So guys ! Moral of the story is
    Remember great scientist Mr.Thomos Alva Edisson who did 10000 trial & errors before the invention of Electric Bulb.
    Riddle for members :- Can you identify the exact technical reason behind this problem ?
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks for posting this Bhai. I had a good laugh.

While reading it, i was like ---->:lol

I'm pleased to hear that after 13 years it's finally driving well.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems you have an old history with loss of power. Did you check the petrol tank for fuel adulteration to rule out C.B. Point Kerosene Injection? Just kidding.

Nice experiment Bhai. The scooter must be tired after undergoing 10 heart surgeries. Must be cursing its luck for landing up at Mr. Thomas Alve Addison's garage. Thank God it didn't have to live for 10000 trials. :lol:

I have nothing to add here as I have little knowledge about that technology. Will keep reading this tbread till the riddle is solved.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Nice work bhai :grin:

MODS :

Merge this with the existing 2wheeler thread.

MODS Note- This thread stays as a separate thread as it is not like the 2 wheeler thread. This is a technical discussion thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    that was one hell of a determined journey... i would have sold it long back, if i were you !
    Reading it, as it was the fault of the magneto, i suspect it didnt have enough voltage to supply to the spark plugs. so, the fuel isnt burning well all these days, and hence low power, less mileage and related probs.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why are you laughing ?

My dad has purchsed both scooter from his hard earned money.
    Do you know how my dad has taken hard work to enhance the standard of life our family ?

Why you should know ? You may be from rich & highclass family by birth. So you are laughing on my emotions.

Lots of emotions of my primary school and college life are connected with my scooters and especially with Bajaj brand.

In my secondary school days, I used to go to school by Bajaj Auto-Rickshaw.

Today our std.of living is better. We have a bunglow,2 cars,3 bikes.
    Everything is fine because of hard work of my mom and dad & by blessings of God.

But I never forget the hard days of our family. In our childhood when we were not capable to buy 4 wheeler that time,myself,dad,mom and my sister used to go on our Bajaj scooter everywhere. Very Golden days !

Gurujider , my friend you should not play like this with anyone's emotions.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL.

Bhaisahb, it was not my intention to laugh at the scooter. But i laughed at the mysterious circumstance that every vehicle in your garage suffers from ''power loss''. Even your Pulsar.

As for my modes of travelling - throughout school i went on cycle, even till Class 12.
    During college, i inherited my brother's 1995 Vespa which continues to run to this day . It has run for 50,000km's and still has lots of power. :). I drive it more than i drive the Bullet.

So, i'm just a mango (aam) aadmi. :p
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There was no starting trouble & other problems.
    You are very near to answer. Try little more:p.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hey amol, very similar experience i had with my scooter which i still love. urs was super, imagine mine is Bajaj Cub 100 cc. i did all the overhaul myself so many times. one day i and my 2 friend had gone tripple seat far away and the fuel got over in the midnight. all pumps were closed except the chai ki tapri. i took some kerosene from him put in the oil pouch i had and she got us all happily without fuss. after that i changed the piston, piston rings.

but to be frank it shouldnt have taken so many years to figure out. i always used to check the spark intensity by holding the spark plug far and checking the spark jump.

also i used to get my coil checked regularly. if spark is low there are so many symptoms that the scooter shows up. all 2 stroke show up these symptoms.

my friends say i have a PHD in repairing any damn scooter. they used to tease me mechanic. :evilsmile