1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of a 12 L Rupee “LEMON” – The New Fiat Linea MJD Emotion – Sep 2015

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vinayk, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mod Note: A few posts have been deleted and people who posted it know it why. Zero value for all. Any more such useless posts will certainly not be entertained. You are requested to maintain the decorum of the forum. Thanks.

Now getting back to issue on hand. Nobody is challenging that you have spent hard earned money on a product which is giving you issues. What anyone would suggest and most people here are suggesting you is to focus your energy on sorting out the issue than going spending energy posting negative stuff all over the place. Does no good to you. So what if the fasteners look worn during the trial and error? Shouldn't that be replaced too for the inability to fix it at one go? Isn't the warranty there for this reason? I would still suggest, give it another try to get this fixed. True Sai Motors should be your best bet. I have seen a couple of cars which had this issue sorted out very much to the satisfaction of the owner. And it did not happen overnight, it took time.

Now coming back to your posts, you are raving about 4 people not buying the Fiat car, 99% of the people who bought cars in India is not buying too. So how does that matter? Did the negative posts all over the internet fix your car? NO and it wont fix it, all it gives you is a false sense of satisfaction. Neither the 9000 odd people buying the Fiats are idiots.

All your posts convey one thing, unwarranted sarcasm at people who are trying to share their inputs to see if they can be of help to fix the issue. This is just not done.

PS @vinayk

1. You are certainly welcome to post the issues you are facing with the car. The forum is meant for this very reason, to share your joy, issues, travelogues and seek help wherever possible regarding the car and other wise too. But, posting only for heck of negative publicity, TFI is not the place as it doesn't add value to our readers. There are a lot of places other than TFI for you to do this negative publicity.

2. Zero tolerance on any personal attacks (direct or indirect). This applies to everyone and not specific to you alone.

3. Last but not the least, all the best to you on your future course of action (to fix the car or to sell the car or to fight a legal battle against Fiat).
    ramjn, Hebbar, vinit and 3 others like this.
  2. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

Vijayawada
    Mod Note: Post Content Cleared.

Posts with request for quote or quotes will be deleted. Please PM the user and take this quote business offline. Thanks.
  3. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @nkrishnap - All I can say is I shared my experience with the car & Fiat service.

Regards to my responses - every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I have been struggling with this sickening pulling issue, where Fiat team from Pune, failed to rectify in last 3 months & people advising to take it easy. Sorry, that wasn't acceptable to me.

Fiat has not offered to replace all the worn parts, instead they requested me to take the car in 80% issue fixed.

I have held a lot of patience with FASS and Fiat cooperated well for first 2 months in their investigations, everything has a limit, things cannot be stretched beyond certain limit.

9000 odd people buying FIAT buy it for a reason and its very much the same reason behind my purchase as well, little did I know that pulling issue comes along with it, which cannot be resolved by even Fiat - Technical Head & Quality Head, who were at my place last month for the last trial run.

Fiat might not be bothered about car sales as major revenue is from engines, however for any business customer satisfaction is paramount, here in my case I did not see the issue getting resolved to my satisfaction. It's natural for a dis satisfied customer to vent out.

Thanks for the support and best wishes, I will try True Sai at next opportunity.
    Hebbar likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinayk. No one in their right mind will deny the agony you are going through. For every action of Fiat, please react to Fiat directly and everyone will certainly appreciate it. But reacting on the forum members for every action of Fiat is not justified and that was the intended message.

Do give True Sai a try. Cheers.
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    jackharrisw likes this.
  6. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Guys. This is going out of hand. The Ad is not posted on TFI. So keep these silly stuff out of the forum. Any further such posts will need moderation and it will be unpleasant for all.

If you have solution to the problem on hand, do share, else kindly keep away from posting unwanted stuff.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @vinayk

Can you post a full length video right from the moment you start rolling till you really reach the left extreme, starting from right lane? Even the best of roads will not be perfect flat as they are designed for draining water to one side of the road, usually towards left -- just my opinion and understanding. Try driving on wrong side of a two lane road (which would normally slope towards their respective left extremities) if you get an opportunity and see if you still land on left side of the road. Only a video can let us understand the severity. Problem being fixed 80%, 90% or any other figure can also be a perception problem starting from the initial severity level.

Sorry to say that the car doesn't qualify to be a lemon by any means. Whether your experience and vocal dissatisfaction on social media drives away customers away from FIAT as a brand isn't anything relevant. People will still buy FIAT. Believe me, even I have driven cars for 30 years now and I am one of the most nasty customer that any brand can ever hope for. Yet, I love and live by my decision to have acquired a T-Jet, despite all the negative speak about FIAT over the years. Since I own a Figo and M800 too, I ain't a FIAT fanboy by any stretch of imagination, though I hate to drive M800 now :)

I always believe that if there's an engineering problem there will be an engineering solution. Yes, I do understand your frustration, but as I said, post a full length video if possible.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad Sure will post the video, this one is after issue was resolved to 80%

I still have 20% of the problem left & the gap between from wheel arches on a flat surface is different on both the sides. Not sure if this is the cause. Reported same to FIAT through their FB page. Hopefully they address it.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @vinayk -- My personal experience with Mr Mangesh Kodalkar (CRM head at FCA India) has been absolutely brilliant when it comes to addressing customer concerns. Why I requested for a video run is based on what I have replied to you on TEAM FIAT MOTO CLUB FB page, and repeating it here too:

Check this video where my nephew is driving -- he feels car pulls to the right.
    https://www.facebook.com/anup.singh.1481/videos/1071970712837891/

However, on the following run which he has pushed the car to 170, he doesn't feel the same:
    https://www.facebook.com/anup.singh.1481/videos/1072742356094060/

During the entire outing run of 3400+ km I drove 1800+ on different roads and never got the feeling of any pull on either side. Had it been pulling, I am sure my shoulder would have taken a hit because I drive with just one hand -- right -- unless taking corners at high speeds when my left hand also holds/gets engaged with the steering.

Re your comment of arch gap and its impact on pull, it's a point that you will have to take it up with FCA. I know, documenting everything is a PITA, but then if one needs to convince that "One is not complaining for sake of complaining" one needs to get every possible reasoning listed with possible proof (where starting from wrong side of a two lane road and letting the vehicle automatically get steered to left edge of the road is one such evidence and that shouldn't happen normally) and then sit down and fix by process of eliminating one by one as a "team". As you mentioned, 80% is fixed. 20% shouldn't be a issue if you, FCA and FASS consider it as a "common problem for the team". I am sure, FCA will definitely go even out of the way to see you as a happy customer at the end of the day.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad

I second you, support from Mr. Mangesh has been there, There is no denying of that fact.

I do not have video of earlier condition, however same was vetted by FASS SM & FIAT RSM Mr. Ramesh Gandi & All have witnessed and acknowledged the severe left pulling.

Now the issue is resolved to 80% after 45 days of hit and trial.methods by Fiat team. In the process all the fastners have visible wear and alloy wheels have deep scratches and wear.

Since the issue is still persistant to 20% extend and can come back in full form, I highlighted the difference in front wheel arch gaps on both wheels with same psi on a known flat surface at dealer workshop.

I am expecting replacement of all such worn parts with brand new and if need be struts replaced to address this remaining 20% issue permanently. And cover my car with an extended warranty as I and concerned of its long term reliability after thus much of repairs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.