1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of a 12 L Rupee “LEMON” – The New Fiat Linea MJD Emotion – Sep 2015

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vinayk, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I totally respect the intelegence of people on this forum, Giving opinions does not cost one anything!

I am sitting with this Left Pulling car after paying 12L rupees, what else do i call it "Gem"? and money does not grow on trees unfortunately.

If you guys cannot empathize with my situation, atleast don't cause further agony.

If Fiat is unable to resolve the problem, does the product not qualify to be called " Defective "? And shouldn't they have offered me a replacement upfront or refund last month itself after multiple requests. Instead they asked me to take the car back?

I am really fed up of this car and want to get rid of it.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    How many kms have you clocked to be fed up of it. Resentment and end of patience is a personal thing. Empathy for inadequate service, empathy for you landing up issue with a new car. But reasoning is individual prerogative. Frantically crying patient needs to calmed down first before doctors too can focus what issue is there.

Don't call it Gem neither call it legendary, who is expecting you to praise it. 10k people can vouch what good product it is and all acknowledge here the shortcomings but look at the brighter sides as well. It ain't as dark as an RGV theme movie. Fiat can only look into the problem further. What amicable means is getting the issues sorted and all cars in world face these issues when suspension or steering components develop tolerance losses or issues. It has been suggested already if you think someone needs to be held accountable and if you feel you are cheated you have the legal options available. But you will only further suffer and company is no individual to suffer. They can easily choose to close the matter but when legal options are chosen they always like to see how it plays out in court. Depends what they feel is reasonable customer demand. Perish the ill sentiments at once and focus on how to use the vehicle. Chances are Fiat will not offer replacement or refund for such an issue.
    jackharrisw and PradeepM like this.
  3. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think I need to drive the left pulling car for more that 4k km to realise it and brand new car going through unsuccessful repairs for 90 days. What more needed sir.

Why does one buy a new car? To have 3-5 years of trouble free ownership. Am I wrong?

I want to avoid the legal route and prefer out of court settlement from fiat.

I paid total cost of the car and not 80% to be okay with 20% of problem still persisting.

They need to come back to me with options.
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    We are not feeling Offended. There is nothing personal here to get offended. Since you have brought this issue to our vision, we are just giving you some suggestions/ideas on how it can be resolved. And we also just want to make you realize that it's not a 'Lemon' by any standards.
    You think that we are biased since this is a FIAT forum, but we all as a 'HAPPY FELLOW FIAT OWNERS' are trying to suggest/help you resolve this issue.
    We don't know how much of an automobile enthusiast you are, but we now know that you have NO LOVE for your car.

But, if you are not satisfied with this car, none of the other 'C' segment cars on sale now can satisfy you.
    Only Fiesta/Vento could come close. But sadly Fiesta is no more and Vento will be recalled the next day you buy it, for Emission scandal issues.

It's your wish on whether to sell it or not, but the person who will buy this car is a LUCKY PERSON...
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Since you have decided it costs nothing to give opinions you might as well assume people indulging in this chat have nothing to loose, their time is if at all of negligible value. Oh correct! you did not ask to indulge. This thread was merely to narrate your difficulty and opinions given are infact because they are free and the forum also is run for free is it?
    This whole chat is to find via media.
    We don't take you for granted and so should you.
    We do not want to put you in further agony so either take a step back with Fiat or go legally. But don't live under delusion that things are becoming easy. No one is coming to you with options. Rather discuss your options without claiming your rights. It will help people develop lesser resistance to your demands. Request, but please don't demand.
  6. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Always remember a car will receive as much love or hate it gives back to the owner!

I am indeed looking for that
    LUCKY PERSON to buy this 2 month old car.

If any of you come across one do let me know.

Thanks again for the support. Discussion Closed
  7. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @vinayk: I absolutely agree with you that you are totally fade up with this entire left pulling episode. All the members of this forum, including myself, can only sympathise with your situation. You are absolutely right in your way to call this car a "lemon" or an "apple" or a "mango" or anything else, because finally its your 12 Lakhs at stake and not a single paisa of ours. This is total bad luck that after spending 12 Lakhs, you have to undergo such an experience rather than enjoying the car. You are absolutely right in your outburst. As they say "Jisko jalta hai, usko hi khalta hai".

Now after keeping this outburst aside, lets see what are the practical options in front of you.

1. File a legal case in the consumer court and ask for a refund or replacement of the car. You never know how much time this will take and you also do not know whether you will win the case or not.
    2. Keep the persistent efforts with FASS and try to resolve the issue their way.
    3. Visit some independant WA center (as a second opinion) and try to get the issue rectified.
    4. If you have completely lost your patience and have no trust left in the car and the brand, then just sell the car and move on.
    Weigh the pros and cons of each option and proceed accordingly.

I dont think, other than this left pulling issue, there is any other mechanical issue you are facing in the car. In such scenario, option 3 is best suitable to you in my opinion.

All the best !!!
    jackharrisw, vinayk and PradeepM like this.
  8. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit

Thanks for the understanding brother.

Option 1 - Not viable as its time consuming and manufacturer can prove anything :-(

Options 2 & 3 exhausted. Issue not resolved

Option 4 - Is ON, Looking for a buyer.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Oh yes RS Motors handles challenging case of Fiat cars where engineers give clean chit but customer keeps complaining. Problem is they don't entertain bossing customers. Polite dissent over unsatisfactory work they go out of the way for customer.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,

I see we are off course from the topic. Let's not start any personal brawl and offend anyone.
    Point is simple, its a personal choice of anyone to keep or sell their car at a preferred price, lets not talk low on that aspect.
    As far as I see, we can't help in this case so better to stand down and allow the owner to take his call on the next course of action.
    It's better to close this discussion to avoid any further rants.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

PS : I know I am no mod, just put across what I felt is right to stop unpleasant exchanges.
    jackharrisw and vinayk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.