1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of a 12 L Rupee “LEMON” – The New Fiat Linea MJD Emotion – Sep 2015

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vinayk, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    dude, no offence.. but u look more like a pissed of guy!
    20 years of driving with 10 different cars hint to the fact that you care nothing for it. 2 years per car on an average.
    despite having 20 years of experience, you took a car without a test drive and you blame the company for ergonomics!
    20 years experience in a variety of cars and yet you don't know which is the best car feel wise and drive wise.

a mechanical issue like this could have been resolved with some amount of dedication and leniency at your end..
    and mind you, popping up on this forum and foul mouthing fiat or threatening the company is purely your personal business. no amount of anger and hate has ever led to a solution in the history of mankind. always better to drink a glass of water before you post something and before you go to the service advisors.

asking for a refund on a wheel alignment/ balancing issue is hilarious at first.

U are seriously delusional.. don't want to be sounding political and not trying to offend you like our admins are forced to..
  2. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot

Sir - I really appreciate your way of putting things forward.

LH pulling issue was reported on 30 Sep 2015 & since then repairs have been going on to get to an 80% fixed stage only by 30th Nov, so it took 60 days for FIAT ( not FASS) to get to this stage. You can imagine what I went through this 60 days without the car, expenses incurred, mental unrest for self and family after investment of 12L and paying emi.

I have started using the car today onwards.

Let's see how it goes.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    In one previous case I have voiced my support when Fiat simply pulled out from a region due to some odd issue of their own. I guess speaking of theories what stands as dis-service to customer needs to be re-visited and perhaps utter discontent is more of a personal thing than factual issues at hand and their magnitude. But of course by all means it's two parties as far as law is concerned. Ours just are opinions which probably don't matter and are mere clatter especially if one is thoroughly convinced about something. It certainly does not appear mutual a matter of agreement or settlement.
    gpunto75, PradeepM and harryaviator like this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @vinayk, I was checking around to see if we can find a proper solution for the issue and this is some information that I was able to gather from a friend (Iam yet to get 100% confirmation on the news), FIAT released a set of EVO VIN numbers which could have this left pull issue and they have defined some 7step process to have this corrected. However from the limited information I have this is applicable only to EVO 2015 models only (not all though). Iam trying to dig and get more information which may help you and others as well, I will keep you posted as soon as I get something more substantial to post.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    gpunto75 and asimpleson like this.
  5. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @ PradeepM

FIAT Technical team has followed the said produres as per their circular released for the the known LH issues with new linea. Posting pic of cover page of circular IMG_20151122_140729_HDR.jpg for your reference.
    Murphy_Fiat, ssateesh and PradeepM like this.
  6. Hebbar

Hebbar Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    vinayk likes this.
  7. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
  8. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    @Vinayak, I understood that you are very unhappy,frustrated on your brand new car due to the pulling issue.
    But at the same time, it just doesn't fit the tag for a 'LEMON'. Why? Because the issue you are facing is a small one and it's resolvable.
    As the fellow members suggest here, it's a issue which can be resolved.
    We understand that you are running around to resolve this issue for 2 months, but, this doesn't make the car a Lemon

With this one issue, you are telling that your car is a lemon and you have wasted your 12 lakh rupees.
    I know of many people that, even after many niggles/issues(Misting of headlight/Dent prone flimsy body panels/ Flimsy bumpers/squeaks/rattles) in their brand new Honda City, yet they are not ready to call it(Honda City) a Lemon.
    Please go to the other (SO CALLED) auto forum and check the list of Honda City niggles/issues by yourself. I am not exaggerating here anythig.

With the acknowledgement of all the members here in TEAMFIAT, I will raise my voice and say FIAT LINEA is a better accomplished car than Honda City, and your 12 lakh money is well spent.

As with my experience with FIAT, it acknowledges and fixes the issues in warrany without any drama, unlike other companies like VW/Honda/Hyundai.
    Please try consulting with another FASS(Maybe, True Sai,Salem) and get it fixed to your satisfaction. Please try it once...PLEASE.
    Hebbar and asimpleson like this.
  9. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @jackharrisw

Well Honda City was never on my list ever.

There is no standard definition of a Lemon :)

I know for sure by now that the TFI forum enthusiasts are feeling offended, when the legendary Linea is called a Lemon. For me it still is - as car was severely pulling to left and consider myself lucky to survive with this dangerous steering behavior.

Fiat has been extending support due to warranty aspect and not doing a favor and me cooperating with them as I have no choice, but how long? Last 90 days repairs have been on for this so called small mechanical issue directly by FIAT factory team and until now only 80% issue resolved. I have sort of dedicated my 12L towards FIAT to do continuous R&D. If that makes everyone happy that I need to be more lenient.

Let's see how FIAT steps up to settle this in amicable manner.
    jackharrisw likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If nothing else helps an accident helps understand if it's Legendary or Lemon. Yes one has every right to be adamant about calling something nasty rather than standing corrected. And you sir at some level are insulting the intelligence of people on this forum. Maybe you don't realise it. Every person who had suffered nagging issues should define all cars as "Lemons" is it.
    Your hate speech on the web was not enough that you want to impose your definition of Lemon and argue on that. What objective does that serve if not sadistic pleasure in calling something adamantly without paying heed to opinions of others? What is a review and what qualifies as rant please try and understand. Fiat has been lax rather unable to provide 100% solution or service satisfaction is understandable but it did not sell you a Lemon @12lacs and you are being plain punitive with the means available to you.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Hebbar and harryaviator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.