1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Story of a 12 L Rupee “LEMON” – The New Fiat Linea MJD Emotion – Sep 2015

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vinayk, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes it's been purely unlucky for me, more so this is a FIAT loving forum & possibly wrong place to post this experience.

More so I paid 12L rupees to enjoy the car rather than to have issues and still continue to maintain cordial relationship with the manufacturer / dealer.Great suggestion but am just unable to do that after going through all this within 3 months of ownership.

Ergonomic issues are due to me but due to the LH pulling issues, which is " so common" and I understand we are should be okay with it? Sorry I did not know that before hand, indeed a BIG mistake!

Yes I will need to get it rectified and keep using the car until such time.

Thanks for all the valuable inputs.
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Even when i bought my punto from aadhya motors. I had a problem with cluth. I have taken my vehicle to KHT and get it repaired. They have kept my vehicle for 7 days for identifying & rectifying the issue. Till then i didnt find not even a single problem with my car.
  3. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    I too faced this left pulling problem in my new Linea mjd. Did the WA and the problem went away only to reappear after couple of months. Then i visited a different WA center and they not only did the WA but they did some adjustment to the steering wheel itself. After that i never faced this issue.

I still believe that left pulling is not such a big issue to call the car a lemon. Yes, one does feel irritated facing such an issue in a brand new car but then this can be resolved amicably.
    manjunathkl, prabhjot and gpunto75 like this.
  4. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit

Since the issue was addressed to 80% after 45 days of hit and trial repairs done by FIAT technical team, my car has taken severe beating on the the underside fastners, visible wear on Alloys as they were removed and tightened 100's of times & car feels line a test bed R&D car, lost new car feel.

Yes, I am looking forward to FIAT to arrive at an amicable solution but nothing was offered to me :-(
  5. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes the same steering adjustment was too done in my punto mjd after 6 months of purchase. This I have done outside the FASS.
    This WA shop is so much famous here for the adjustment, that even the FASS technician recommends that place. They adjust the degree or some things like that of the steering, and after WA , the problem vanished. After 5000 kms after that its going good. Please lookout some similar chap.

Hope Fiat and you, come to a sweet settlement before entering the consumer court or something like that. Good luck and hope you enjoy miles of fiat journey.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @vinayk, undertones of being biased due to being a Fiat praising forum is totally unfair. Yes you don't directly say it but it implies that way. This IS a right place to voice you opinions and WE do empathise. What @prabhjot too has so politely said was to have a slight lenient perspective or a more appropriate perspective to look at the situation and the overall market and comparative products on offering. The last time someone was pointed at it didn't go well cause other people have good opinions too about Fiat and they too strongly believe in it. Only fair to give them that benefit of doubt, don't you think? What is amicable is to press for better service rather than threatening companies. Companies are run by people and they too are our brethren who rely on slow judicial process and on the contrary look at things either regretfully or also with amusement when customer becomes what they precisely call a "difficult customer". How do I know this? An ex-automotive company service head told me in person. And being Fiat it becomes all the more easy to believe it's a company that should not be believed in, does not help either does it; for company or it's customer?
    Look at it as an institution rather than company that is difficult to deal with. Not that it cannot be dealt with. Why? cause it's in your favour we say this.
    A person who will not look at the car as a bad product or "lemon" will find a way to sort issues "amicably" at that with or without Fiat. Your focus is Fiat whereas it should be your car. It should bother you why afterall a mechanical thing ain't fixable rather than loosing peace of mind or energy over Fiat.
    Once you use it for some extended period with and also without a driver you will gain confidence about the product and the engineering and design that has gone in these products. All this is possible only if you promise yourself not to get agitated at all henceforth no matter what and develop a friendly rapport with people and getting your interests sorted with regards the car issues one may face in future. I implore you to look at the bright end of the tunnel perhaps a long one which you might feel like for some time.
  7. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I have been very lenient and patient and extended all cooperation to FIAT team and seen all what my car has gone through!

As mentioned earlier I am not a first time car buyer. Been driving last 20 years and owned 10 different cars from hatchbacks- sedans- SUV, none of my cars had such issues ever so. Then why only this wonderful Linea ( for now let's me not call it a lemon and offend anyone :))

It is as much as i as a customer need to maintail cordial rapport with company representative, which has been the case in all the conversation ( email/ phone) Hence the company also need to think and arrive at a amicable solution with the customer, one dis-satified customer in today's well connected world can spoil the business to a great great extent.

Yes fully understand that legal recourse takes time, hence best avoided but I am looking forward for FIAT to arrive at an amicable solution but nothing was offered to me. In spite of multiple requests made, last comms more than 3 weeks ago to Mr Kevin & Mr Boparai. Well alerting them on the recourse I may need to go with if not settled to my satisfaction.

Appreciate your support.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is your free will whether to call it a lemon or wonderful Linea. And yes wonderful it is, unless you fail to acknowledge what great package it is at 10-12lacs. With regards spoiling business of Fiat you are in a big time illusion not because your word of mouth won't matter but that won't sink the company while other things can which you can read on the forum. There is a popular case against Skoda with evidence of dealership malpractice and even some bad press as Skoda dealt with it just the way companies do by refusing to comment to a great extent. Can you create a scene for the press, maybe you can for the press and public but will people still buy the product; you bet they will. So who is really missing the "wonderful Linea"? When there is rage and hate it is impossible to see anything better in something. Offence taken or not taken on a term what difference does it make to YOU in person as a car owner. Who is loosing (everything) if you will? 10000+ members on this forum didn't get a "Lemon" of a car. Countless cases of customer inauthentic behaviors company faces. To get back at the company they spit on the company Face(book) page. And their people politely reply maybe like robots without a hint of sarcasm. Oh yes since we buy a product and expensive one at that and since customer is God he or she has every right. Customer is always right!:rolleyes: Whoever said that. And we are only human afterall. Now who said that? :banghead:
    kirenh likes this.
  9. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Every one has their theories. But end of it customer is always right and he is the reason for the business company has, today's customer is even more powerful, hence important to keep them happy. One dis- satisfied customer also can do a lot if damage due to the tools available at disposal, unlike the situation 20 years ago without www and social media.

I am happy as to what's achieved in 2 days.

Thanks to my Friends and well wishers for spreading the word!! - Happy to hear from a friend that in matter of 2 days this post has helped 4 of his friends move away from buying a Fiat car, Imagine what impact this along with other social media can have on your 9000 odd sales you have in a year!!

Fiat India - Please let's end this with mutual agreement in everyone's best interest!
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vinayk

Sir, what is so difficult to understand is how come you let/insisted on the fix it again and again and again go on and on? If they fixed it say 80% the first time or two: you should've gotten on with using and developing a rapport with the car, and with the FASS centre, and taken it from there. Of course it is an imperfection on a few recent Fiats, but it is very, even totally, addressable/improvable (though maybe not always 100%), as one or two recent Fiat owners have reported here on TFi. They worked on it under warranty. That is what a warranty is for. To demand a replacement car or your money back makes little sense.

As i said, please also Google Honda City 2014 new car defects, or Maruti Ciaz clutch or notice the number of recalls that have been made for much more, truly more serious issues on say the Ford Ecosport or new Honda-s. Or the frequently reported 'quality problems' on new VWs and Skoda-s. None of those firms replaced a single car for anyone. A grinding alternator on a Honda City or a hrydrostatic-lock-prone Honda diesel or defective fuel lines or wiring harnesses in some Fords, Maruti Ciaz clutches, Hyundai i20 steering columns etc.....just means you should get GOOD warranty support bona fide, which you say has been given by Fiat and the dealer. More than can be said of several Honda or Hyundai or VW dealers, i assure you, going by first as much as second-hand experiences. It happens!

Anyway, please start using the car, you'll begin to appreciate it only if you get over this initial distasteful-ness, and give it a 'second' chance, as it were. It has many great virtues, not least of which is its steering, even if it pulls in a few cases a bit (what? a degree or 3, after the improvement that you yourself say is 80%?) to the left! Keep the wheels aligned, the tyres rotated etc: it is a heavy fwd car with a sophisticated front suspension and hydraulic steering that'll alert you to even a slight pull (a great thing, in its own way?!)

Besides, who knows this may be an auspicious beginning to your Fiat ownership, and the car will, like it has for most, prove rock steady in its quality, reliability and durability, let alone its other rare-in-the-indian-market virtues!

Of course all the best with the legal stuff, too.

Time to 'get into' the Linea sir! Drive it yourself, set your seat up right, get used to the weighty steering: the pain in the wrist etc (which has nothing to do with the car) will likely go away very soon after you start driving it like a familiar friend, rather than an alien of some sort, you know?

cheers

PS: the problem with www. and social media is that it is open to all comers with no requirement that they be either bona fide or reasonable, let alone truthful. Also, it gives a false sense of power, very evannescent and self-indulgent. Illusory. It'll lead nowhere happy or beneficial or 'satisfied'. Always look for win-win outcomes, if you have to resort to blackmail (esp in the sure knowledge that it will not work), you've lost already.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.