1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

STOCK HU EQUALIZER TJET

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ansal11, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Guys as we all know, The Stock Unit is a big time ******. What is the User equalizer settings you guys are using to get the best output.

Would love to get a feedback as im getting nowhere with the sound.

The only thing stopping me for upgrade is the opening up of my beauty by a third party.

Pls Help
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The stock HU is nice but the speakers are bad.
    Try Bass at +2 or +3 and treble at +1. I have not touched the equalizer settings.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Bass +6
    Treble +1
    Equalizer - Jazz
    Fader - -2
    Loudness - ON

Stock speakers are pathetic. When you really need to listen music switch off the HU and enjoy engine noise that is much better than noise from speakers.
    Even I fear off Rattles after opening the door trims.(There is no good installer in Chandigarh all do jugaad work)
    Fiat should provide some quality sound system in their cars atleast as an option.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    vijay, urs is a mjd so u can listen to the engine music. Mine, for the first couple of times, i had to actually check sometimes if the engine was running, then i got used to it. So cant listen to that as well (good thing).

Thanks for the settings vijay and paddleshifter, ill try these ones.
    ::T
  5. I too is wondering what would be the right match to get the best sound...I would try these settings now...

have anyone of you installed Amp/sub woofer to improve the sound quality.?
    I like more bass however its lacking in the speakers which are installed currently in Tjet plus
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I am the same akshay, i need a tremendous influx of bass cuz of the kind of music i njoy. Looking at various alternatives at the moment.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    set the equalizer manually and you will rediscover a good sound. try this
    1st bar full
    2nd bar one notch or nothing as it has real bass(increase only if you listen to low volumes)
    3 4 5 should be flat or sumthing
    6 one down from full
    7 full or one down
    bass at 1 0r 2 if you listen loud or else increse
    treble 2.
    it will sound really good. the clarity is really nice.
    though i have added a set of my home music system speakers aiwa. they do the boom boom in the boot. even there the sound changes on where i keep those speakers. they sound the best when kept behind the tail lights.
    anyone got an aux wire for ipod installed?? my friends have the wire in their other blaupunkt unit.
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Might sound silly asking this, but how do you set the EQ manually? I do see a manual option in the EQ settings but it doesnt allow me to choose settings. Any help?
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Harish, i dnt remember the step by step process, but a detailed guide is there in the Manual. Do have a look. I know how to change when the car is in front of me :)
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    (i hope punto and linea both have same h units)
    so no matter how hard you try ,those speakers are pathetic. they cant take little amount of bass and they would rattle or sound gets distorted. but HU is sounds good and are better. so what i recommend is stealthily change the speakers with a good powerful branded speakers with same diameter . there wont be any huge labor involvement or much to worry as only door panels need to open.

i think our fiat doesnt even have a tweetors rather it is just plain 4 speaker setep. the mesh seen and door handles are dummies nothing in it.