1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stiff Suspension..Need review

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Anujeet Singh, May 20, 2015.

1. Anujeet Singh

Anujeet Singh Timido

Noida
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Friends,
    I have bought Punto Evo Emo (Diesel) This year. The car is a real beauty.But i am getting annoyed with it suspension.. I found the suspension stiffer in comparision to other Indian car and the ride become very bumpy whenever i drive over any small speed breakers or small pot holes over the roads. It is really annoying.. Kindly contribute your observation..
  2. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Stiffer suspension is actually good... I am also having evo but i never felt that and almost reached 12k ODO.

If you check i20 or any other soft suspension cars, at low speeds small potholes will be absorbed superbly but once you are in open highways you feel the difference. Soft suspension is not good for highways at least our roads.

Punto you will never felt the jerks at high speeds that's why never felt tired on long drive.

Suspension is very very good in punto...
    Anujeet Singh and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Anujeet Singh

Hi. The suspension feels stiff at the lowest speeds, but even then there is no bouncing. The stiffness enables the ride to remain flat and comfy, and ensures good handling even at higher speeds, and even on bad roads, something the other esp Japanese and Korean and even VW (Polo, Vento) cars just can't do. Don't hesitate to go over potholes and road ruts at less careful/slow speeds: you will notice that the car feels comfy doing so.

cheers
    Anujeet Singh likes this.
  4. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    I think there are seperate tyre pressure numbers based on the load. You will find that in the manual. If you adher to that, low speed ride will be better.
    Anujeet Singh likes this.
  5. Anujeet Singh

Anujeet Singh Timido

Noida
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks for your reply guys... Bouncy may not be the correct word.. shaky is more closer to the experience and it is not at all flat or comfortable.. Can Suspension be adjusted to a softer one
  6. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suspension setup of punto is on a stiffer side. But as said by sailer_punter just try to make correct tyre pressure and you will feel the difference. As far as suspension of other indian car are concerned they are definitely on the softer side. But soft suspension has its own woes.
    Anujeet Singh and prabhjot like this.