1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stiff Gear of Linea Again- Vecto said needs a clutch replacement

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bibudesh, Sep 26, 2014.

1. bibudesh

bibudesh Timido

Bangalore
    Gentlemen I need an urgent help here. Yesterday while driving suddenly my T-Jet's gear shifting became stiff when shifting from 1-2 and 2-3. I suspect it is due to gear cable adjustment or it may need replacement.

The car has no juddering or any another clutch related issue. The gear engages properly, no creeching, only thing is it is stiff.

Gave my car to Vecto to get it checked and as expected I was told that the clutch assembly needs replacement. This answer was expected given the single shot income in clutch replacement. When I asked them the symptoms, I was told that the car has done 40k so that is the interval when the assembly needs replacement :mad: ..

I told them that only the gear cable may need a service, but they said gear cable is a whole assembly which also include clutch plates and cable lol ! .. Est cost 35k including labor.

So now the question is, where do I get this simple thing adjusted. Even if I need the part I think 99rpm can help.
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/gear-lever-control-linea.html

Need help on what to do? Also, is it ok to take to a reputed after market service station such as pride motors? I think this issue is not big since the stiffness did not develop gradually. So I dont think its wear and tear issue. Moreover I am pretty careful with my clutches and gears.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Looks like symptoms I saw on my mjd, though at 80 k kms. The behavior was very erratic. One day everything would be normal, the next day I would struggle to engage gears unless I wriggle with the lever.

Clutch kit replaced. The clutch plates as such were fine. But the issue was diagnosed as problem with the pressure plate fingers.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anna,
    Recently I too got the same problem but only when driving in rains that too not always.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Wonder what the clutch has to do with rains :D. As if rain water enters the gearbox
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same feeling here.