1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steps before taking delivery of Dynamic 1.2

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by renjithlal, Dec 14, 2014.

1. renjithlal

renjithlal Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Booked a Dynamic 1.2 last day. Waiting for the delivery and I want the same to be completed by this week itself because of a job transfer. KHT Bangalore assured me, that the vehicle is in transit. Will reach Bangalore within a couple of days. Now I seek advice on following.

1. Dealer told ne they will give me, VIN No. How to cross verify the VIN no. with Fiat .

2. Also please tell me about the accessories, which we could seek from the dealer.

3. Kindly advise me regarding the Central Lock System of Punto Dynamic. Is it pre-installed or is it an accessory. Whether the dealer will give it as accessory? If fitting separately, What's the price ? whether it will affect its warranty?

4. Whether Extended Warranty is really worth taking?

5. I've seen some treads advising for a wheel change from 165/80 R14 to R15. Is it really necessary? Will it not affect the warranty ? what could be the price?

6. Any other things which I really should be careful about while buying & during the whole process?

Seek valuable advise from members.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @renjithlal

Let us answer your queries serially.

1) To verify VIN, check this thread http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/vehicle-identification-number-vin-for-fiat-india.12015/
    2) It depends upon what negotiations have been done already. You should be able to negotiate the basics like mudflap, carpets, car freshener etc. Ambitiously you can ask for neck pillows, rear parking sensors, Sill plates etc and depends on the dealer.
    3) Punto comes with a preinstalled immobilizer code enabled locking system, Just check if its available in Dynamic variant. If not provided then you can go for Autocop but ensure wiring isnt cut or spliced or else warranty will be affected.
    4) Absolutely worth taking.
    5) Changing tyre size doesnt affect warranty, changing rim size does. Just double check with the dealer/Fiat.
    6) Go through the PDI check list available on the forum and do a thorough inspection before approving for registration coz once the car is registered in your name, you will have to live with it.

Enjoy the car and start an ownership thread with lots of pics. Drive safely.