1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Stephney replacement from FIAT for new Linea

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by mangeshtendulkar, Jul 21, 2014.

1. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Hi All,

Last Friday I got a call from Sky Moto, PCMC, Pune to get Stephney replaced for my 2014 Linea T-Jet Dynamic variant. Earlier stephney was R14 and now it is replaced with 195/65 R15 steel wheel, so it is now technically a spare wheel but a steel one and not alloy wheel :(

One more thing, last weekend I travelled Tarapur and while returning Pune I observed strange metal striking noise from front left hand side of the car. Since i was nearing my home, cautiously drove my Optimus Prime home safely. Today morning called up Sky Moto, Akurdi and took Optimus Prime for a quick check as my heart was crying for Optimus Prime each time I heard that strange noise. SA at FASS immediately torqued link rod nut on both the front wheels and whoa problem was solved :clapping. I was smiling and happy to see Optimus Prime back in action. SA told me that FIAT has issued a circular to FASS to check this piece whenever a new Linea customer comes with such complaint. By the way he also cleared that this issue is not across all new Lineas but only in some batches (batch details are not known). Bottomline, if you face this issue with your new Linea then don't worry, go to nearest FASS and get this issue fixed in no time.
    3 people like this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    It's in almost all the lineas, mine also had this problem. Glad that it's rectified .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Thanks for sharing this information which may help new owners of Linea
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Could not understand what you meant by this. Did the Fiat dealer replace it free of cost with a higher sized wheel? Was there an issue with the 14" wheel?
  5. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Yes this was replaced free of cost. I enquired about FIATs decision to make this change however SA did not knew the reason.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Good to hear that your problem got resolved.
    Can you check with SKY if they are replacing the R15 spare wheel with R16 for emotion variant as well.

I will try with Pandit auto.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    This replacement was only for a batch of vehicles I think. They wont replace with R16. Very surprising move it would be should they oblige you. For a car costing lacs of rupees adding a proper sized alloy or steel rim should not put a huge dent to Fiat's margins, customer will surely spend 2-3k more for such things at purchase cost itself. Heck people do spend thousands of rupees on accessories for new cars.