1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

steering wheel vibrations.. a lot of feedback above 90kmph

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by harryaviator, Nov 11, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    hey guys,
    my Linea MJD is 3 years old, clocked 39000kms. off late, vibrations have cropped up on the steering wheel at speeds around 90 + . alignment and balancing checks have been done at regular intervals.the last one was 1500km ago, and riding has been only in city and highway.absolutely no potholes or off roading in this time frame. the car is also steady and not pulling to any side. its due for its servicing. request help if anyone had such issues in the past.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @harryaviator, please check for the wear on your tyres. Did the workshop do the tyre rotation? If not do that and check. If the problem still persists, then wait until you change to the new set of tyres.
  3. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Is it very prominent, as you push you break paddle on high speed? If yes, then it's break alignment issue. My friend was having this kind of issue, after many examinations, it came to conclusion.
  4. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    I guess the balancing needs to be done again. In my case it was at 80 kmph. Got balancing done and problem solved.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I had steering wobble after about 100km/h even after two conscutive wheel balancing's done at a reputed store took my car to a Fiat Service centre and they fixed it just by wheel balancing again. I still don't understand how they fixed it and I only paid for the wheel balancing.

You should go to a FASS and try to get this sorted.
  6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I read or heard somewhere that, at this point only FASS got the correct readings/specifications for post 2013 model (after GC update), may be that could be the reason. So I have decided to stick with FASS for my routine 5k kms WA/WB.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    thanks a ton for the help guys, but a point to note is that -balancing and alignment done about 1500km ago. tyres are only 10k done.. rotation done every 5000km.. no uneven wear observed
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Get it check again at FASC and report back, maybe could check the suspension components again, steering related bits esp. A test drive by a good trained mechanic will ensure diagnosing the issue.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    I got the nerve. When rotation was done? I think 1500km ago. Please go to FASS tell them you forgot to do balancing and I am having this issue after rotation. I am sure they didn't do balancing for rear tyres and now they are in front. FASS generally do only alignment after rotation.

If possible get all wheels balanced so if any pulling will be there will get sorted.
  10. Kaushik Talauliker

Kaushik Talauliker Novizio

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Life of a tyre is 40000 km. above that you can drive. But quite risky. U have already reached the peak and time to change your tyre.
    That will solve your problem. tyre rotation wont solve your problem at 39000 km.