1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering wheel audio controls not functioning properly.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Ahamed Beig, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Guys,

I am not seeing any display for wheel audio control through steering. It is happening since last 4 days, though USB is connected.

Earlier, I could able to browse the folders in the USB and play the songs through the display by operating steering wheel functions . Now, I don't see any display. More over, the steering wheel functions work some times, but the songs are shuffled and I am not able control, as I used to do earlier through the display.

Please guide me if I need to take the car to service station or I can fix it by myself through settings.
    (Attached image is for reference)

Thanks.
    Beig

Display.JPG
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Are Steering controls working for Radio FM and CD.
    Try removing -ve terminal from battery if error would be in Blue N Me system it will be solved if it doesn't you would have to visit ASS to get the wiring checked.
  3. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Steering controls works fine for Radio ad CD.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Will there be any danger if I remove the -ve terminal of the battery by myself. Should I take any precaution before doing it?
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Just remove the ignition key first and then disconnect the -ve terminal of the battery. I've done it several times - nothing to worry about.
  5. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Okay.

I remember now, similar problem had occurred a year back. Then, I showed it to the service guy. he fixed it. When I asked how did he fixed he said, he remove the battery connection and re-connected again. That time I did not took it seriously, and I thought may be he is kidding.

Now it is like this is how it works. (Like in a system problem, sometimes we re-start).
    I will try and if there is any problem then I will post it. I have scheduled service due in this month that time I will show at the service station.

Thank you for the inputs.
  6. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you all. Dis-connecting -ve terminal of the battery and re-connecting it worked.

Best Regards,
    Beig