1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering vibration at idle.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jayadev, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    True, It feels like engine rocking, as if rubber bushes have been removed and engine being directly fixed to metal or steering shaft.But I cannot think it as an issue related to fuel intake,because window is extremely narrow at 700-900 only. pre and post these rpm there are no issue (or may be I cannot feel them).It revs brilliantly til 5200 rpm.

Idle with Ac on makes this vibration max. FASS techs thought it could be fan but it was not.

Somebody suggested steering rod could be faulty-could it be ?
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    just as we praise the steering feedback fiat cars have i think every alternate customer complaints about steering noises. even i feel vibrations in my steering post 2.5k rpms. and strange noise when idling with no surrounding noises.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I feel no noise nor any vibrations post 1000rpm.
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    As someone said before it maybe due to bad fuel/injectors/egr, in petrol it would also be due to problematic Spark Plugs, so maybe there is some problem in the igniton.
    Are you sure that it appeared right after they worked on the Steering Rack, that means immediately after you took delivery from the SC, if so point it out so that they can know that it has happened due to their negligence.
  5. Vineesh K

Vineesh K Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My 1 and half months old Punto Evo (1.3 multijet) has steering vibrations while idling. Could it be because the engine has too much friction?