1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering Vibration at idle in New Punto Evo Emotion (1.3 MJD - 75 HP)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Vineesh K, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Vineesh K

Vineesh K Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello whitepunto76,

My brother also drives a 2011 Grande Punto 1.3 MJD. He has told me that he feels zero vibrations on the steering. So it would be better if you report the issue to the service center.

In my car, I can even feel the vibrations on the seat. I will be taking it to the FASS as soon I have some time to spare.
  2. Ramar

Ramar Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Team Fiat,

I bought Fiat Punto EVO about 5 month back (km - 5k+)
    First service done. I am facing the similar issue as Vineesh.

Vibration start or more observable @3000km. I told to Fiat service during my first service so they changed only Fan assembly but its not helpful. Previously steering vibration was little low & only come in idle after AC switched on. But now i feel vibration in my leg & upper body too.
    I am planning to give my vehicle again to service center coming Monday as they asked me to give my vehicle for atleast two days for observation. Soon I will try to upload the video & let you guys know about the outcome of observation. Hope they rectify.
  3. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Is it default with Fiats? I feel same vibrations at idle on steering, dashboard, right side ORVM etc in my Palio D too.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Mild steering vibrations are fine but feeling on seat and on foot pedals is not default
    Raaz likes this.
  5. Ramar

Ramar Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry guys, due to heavy rain in Chennai not able to give my vehicle for service. Anyway my car steering vibration increased & I can feel evidently through my seat & CBA. I tried in many ways to check how & when this vibration start & come to the conclusion that whenever I drove my vehicle above 60kmph & suddenly stop in signal cause more vibration(without A/C on). Similar practice with A/C on causes additional vibrations. Is this because of engine belt or the turbo charger ? Any one any idea
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Vinesh,
    Please check whether the vibration show a increase when you park on a uphill
    If it shows a increase then the pad might need replacement otherwise all good.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2015 ---
    Vinesh,
    Please check whether the vibration show a increase when you park on a uphill
    If it shows a increase then the pad might need replacement otherwise all good.
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Kindly check the engine bed mounts, which might be causing the vibrations. I had it on my new Linea and FASS changed one bed and also did Re-Torque Engine Mount Bolts it became smooth after that.
    pradeepsangwan likes this.
  8. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Novizio

Coimbatore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I own a 90HP Evo, and I experience mild steering vibrations when the car is not moving and AC is ON. My rear view camera mirror does shakes more, but I feel that any other car would also have the same effects?
  9. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I had a similar issue but the engine mounting was fastened and the vibrations just disappeared. You can compare the engine vibrations with an open hood of the two comparing cars at the FASS. This is how I managed to convince the service rep.
  10. Vineesh K

Vineesh K Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you, Dhruv. I took the car to first service (6 months) today. They are saying it may be a radiator fan issue, and they have made some adjustments. It appears like nonsense. I am goig