1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering tilt towards left and Churr Churr sound from front suspension

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by pradeepsangwan, Jul 22, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Millivisions Marketing Pvt. Ltd,
    No-46 & 47, Krumbigal road, near Lalbagh Main Gate,
    Bangalore, KA 560004 ‎
    080 2656 3863 ‎

Google Map Location.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. venka

venka BANNED

For those who hate to see Google maps or lazy enough to open the Google maps directions are below.

if your coming from Urvashi theater side -> Urvashi signal, then move straight in the right lane , Next is lalbagh signal here take the second right move around two hundred meters. you will see Millivision board on the right side.

by mistake if you took first right then take first immediate left move ahead you will see millivision board on the right side.

Hope this helps.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Most probably your front strut mounts have worn out. Change it under warranty. Also, just to confirm , check if the noise comes when you turn steering to left or right as well.

The steering tilt can be adjusted back to centre by any tyre shop or at FASS

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Does you steering turn to one side when you brake heavily ? If it does ball joint of lower arm of that side is gone.
  5. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can Front sturts be changed under extended warranty?
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Yes. It should be covered in EW.

There was also some design issues in the earlier batch of Lineas and puntos concerning strut mounts. They had corrected it by placing a cap on the strut mounts which were not part of the earlier lot of cars.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    No they won't be covered under Extended Warranty after 35k kms.
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

I could not find a matching thread for the problem I am facing, this one was close enough.

My Punto MJD at 27k km is having this problem.
    1. Whenever I turn the steering to the left, say taking a 90 deg turn slowly/moderate speed there is this loud khat khat khat sound from the front possibly near suspension.
    2. The sound comes only if the car is climbing up or down during the turn and not on level ground.
    3. The sound goes off when the steering is back to centre. Happens only if I turn left.
    4. Wierdly this happened last winter and I could not reproduce it at FASS then. No issues this summer and monsoon and now it has resurfaced.
    5. The sound is more like pulling up the handbrake lever but with a higher decibel.
    6. I don't see any problem with steering behavior. It remains normal.

Any idea what I may be looking into? A visit to FASS is needed.
  9. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Even i experienced this noise in my Linea. Got is shown to FASS last Saturday and they did mention some pipes rubbing (HVAC pipe and some other pipe, I dont recollect the name) and they rectified it in half an hour. Since then did not face this issue, also enquired with FASS whether issue is serious or not on which reply was not a serious problem.
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@mangeshtendulkar Thanks a lot for the hints!
    In my case the sound is more metallic, not sure if rubbing of pipes could create the same sound. I will get it checked soon.