1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Steering oil drained all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Vijairaj, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    Yesterday, I was reversing to park in a parking lot and all of a sudden the steering became heavy and I couldn't rotate it. I get down and see an oil pond below the car. Realizing that it's steering oil, I open the steering oil reservoir only to find it empty. It had happened all of a sudden, I checked the approach to the parking and there was no traces of oil leakage.

The time was 9.45 am and I was in T.Nagar. I called the RSA and the tow truck reached the spot @ 11.30. Loaded the car on the truck and reached the V.S.T service center on mount road. Left it for the repair work plus the 30k service.

Today the SA called to inform that the service is complete and the oil drain was due to a pin on the pipe going loose. Has anyone had a similar problem. My car has run 15K, how do I make sure that this doesn't happen again?
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Strange situation.Haven't heard of full oil getting drained.There have been instances where rats have been responsible for chewing up the pipes. Was this work covered under warranty or a paid job?? You should've asked the SA for full explaination of the job done.Im smelling something fishy.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    It can happen that the hose pipe came off. i am sure there was no minor leak and the hose pipe must have directly came off to drain the oil suddenly
  4. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    I have taken delivery of the car after the repair works. They have changed the hose pipe, the pin and the steering oil free of cost. It was an one-of-a case and the SA confirmed that there was nothing to worry about. I did the 30K service as well along with the repair work and what a pleasant experience it was. Thanks to the SA Mr. Sunil & V.S.T motors.